Easy Cd & Dvd Burning

buldog24

Question

While I was installing 'Easy CD & DVD Burning' software, I got error message 1904. "Module C:\program files\common files\roxio shared com\MPEGUTILS.dll failed to register HRESULT-2147024770"

I tried to tried several times

:mellow::mellow: and system failed to work so my only option was to uninstall it.

What does this error mean and how do I correct it and install this software?

3 answers to this question

While I was installing 'Easy CD & DVD Burning' software, I got error message 1904. "Module C:\program files\common files\roxio shared com\MPEGUTILS.dll failed to register HRESULT-2147024770"

I tried to tried several times

:mellow::mellow: and system failed to work so my only option was to uninstall it.

What does this error mean and how do I correct it and install this software?

Thanks to all that reponded to my problem. It helped a lot

Buldog24

Hello,

That seems to be a DLL used only during installation, since (1) your problem arises during installation, and (2) the DLL doesn't seem to remain after installation in my Redbox or any of my versions 9.

I think you'll find the path is actually C:\program files\common files\roxio shared\SharedCOM\MPEGUTILS.dll since there isn't a \roxio shared com\ directory.

The error you've quoted is a Microsoft error number rather than a Roxio one, and seems to pop up for varied and different reasons. One poster in another forum who was getting this error when trying to install software said

Microsoft instructed me to go to www.microsoft.com, find Windows

Installer 2.0 (or later) and install that. That cured several problems

I was having.

On another site I found

Q1: Error message "Module ...*.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel." is displayed during installation. Installation quitted subsequently.

A: This error is due to missing MSVBVM60.dll on your system. We have intentionally omitted the inclusion of this dependency file in the installation package in order to reduce the size. To resolve this problem, run VBRUN60.EXE to install the latest Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 run-time library (MSVBVM60.DLL) on your machine. VBRUN60.EXE may be downloaded from Microsoft site here.

The Microsoft download link was http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb6.../VBRun60sp5.exe

There is a way you can register an odd DLL file in an isolated 'fails to register' case, but I don't think that would help you since the DLL is needed during the install, so registering it afterward [if it's still there] is not going to help.

Would you try the two solutions above, since they're relatively simple, and see if either of them helps you run the install to completion please?

Regards,

Brendon

Archived