• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Issue On Dvd Builder

apcipriano

Question

Hi all. I have a new one which hasn't come up in th years I've been using vers. 7.5. After I set chapter points and return to main menu of DVD Builder, I am getting a message when I click the burn button which says "Before the project can be switched or burned, the following errors need to be corrected....overlapping buttons." Can anyway tell me what this means? What buttons? I went to the Help menu and looked up any discussion involving the word and all I got was

autoarrange stuff. Any suggestions as this is holding up the whole project? I even went back to the chapters program and deleted some thinking that was the problem, but no soap. Thanks guys!

Anthony

apc52@cox.net

3 answers to this question

May have been a one time fluke from a grumpy program...

"Menu Button": When you Add a Title, a button is created in MyDVD. Since you are taking a shortcut and coming directly from VW, the buttons that activate the movie are already produced.

Most of us do a Save or Save As in VideoWave and end the program. Then we start MyDVD and choose the dmsm file from VW by using Add Title.

It means that the menu buttons are touching each other. My guess would be to check the menu buttons for conflict. Doubt the program would create touching buttons on its' own.

You will have to click on each one to see how big its' footprint is.

I thought the message could be ignored and the project would burn anyway???

It means that the menu buttons are touching each other. My guess would be to check the menu buttons for conflict. Doubt the program would create touching buttons on its' own.

You will have to click on each one to see how big its' footprint is.

I thought the message could be ignored and the project would burn anyway???

No, unfortunately, the error message just takes you back to the main screen of DVDBuilder after you press "ok."

What I ended up doing was going out of Builder and then to VideoWave and then "burn" again. This of course required me to redo the menu screen but this time, it burned nicely. When you talk about "menu buttons," I'm not certain what you mean exactly. In the main screen of Builder, I change the title of "menu" to whatever the title of my production is.

Then, using an inserted photo or video that comes up in the center, I rename the title there to be "chapters" and then go on the chaptering portion of the software. I've done this move time and time again for years now and never had this particular problem. Thanks for your input Jim.

Anthony

Archived