• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Music Dvd From .flac Files, Crashing

A Toast . . . To Me

Question

1 answer to this question

Newbie me . . .

OK when making a music DVD from .flac files, Tiger 10.4.11 OS, iMac with Matshita DVD-R UJ-85J, it recognizes the .flac files, click burn and it encodes the graphic elements for a menu, and unexpectedly quits at that point. Have tried all suggested workarounds on vendor website, no change. Help? :wacko:

It may be a bug in Toast. Roxio should check if there is a problem using FLAC files in making a music DVD. Use the Feedback link in Toast Help to let them know about this.

Is Toast trying to make AC3 audio tracks or PCM audio tracks (the default is AC-3)?

If it is a bug it may be necessary for you to first convert the tracks using Toast's Convert window to something like Apple Lossless before creating the music DVD.

I've had crashes with Music DVDs when using some MP3 files. Apparently any defect in the file will freeze or crash Toast's effort to re-encode, although MP3 playback software has error correction that gets past these glitches. Converting those specific files to AIFF solved the issue. It may be the first FLAC track has a problem and converting that one is all that is needed.

Archived