Can Emc 9 Burn An Mp3 Disc With Different File Formats Such As Mp4?

General_Jah

Question

Hi guys,

I recently installed EMC 9 and cannot figure out if it can do this. I have different file formats in my music collection mostly mp4 and mp3. My new car can play mp3 discs but it cannot read any other format. I want to be able to burn discs that are in mp3 only but be able to select different file formats such as mp4 for the playlist to burn.

Can I do this with EMC 9? When I tried to burn a jukebox disc it didn't ask what format I wanted to burn in when I tried to burn an album that was in mp4.

Please advise, thanks!

8 answers to this question

You may or may not be able to add the mp4 (m4p?) files depending on where you got them.

If you meant m4p then those commonly come from Apple (iTunes) and are usually heavily protected by DRM.

According to this Music Disc Creator should accept them as long as they are Audio only mp4 files.

Hi guys,

I recently installed EMC 9 and cannot figure out if it can do this. I have different file formats in my music collection mostly mp4 and mp3. My new car can play mp3 discs but it cannot read any other format. I want to be able to burn discs that are in mp3 only but be able to select different file formats such as mp4 for the playlist to burn.

Can I do this with EMC 9? When I tried to burn a jukebox disc it didn't ask what format I wanted to burn in when I tried to burn an album that was in mp4.

Please advise, thanks!

Jim - I looked at that post before posting mine and honestly it has not helped me or rather not made any sense. To walk you through my options in EMC 9

1) I start 'Creator' for Media Manager

2) I click on Data

3) I have 'Data Disc' or 'Copy Disc'

4) I click on Data Disc

5) Here is where I'm having problems. I don't see a button or anything that says 'creat mp3 disc' or anything indicating I want my playlist to be in mp3. It lets me pick my directory of mp4 files just fine but nothing indicating mp3.

How can I do this? What am I missing?

Jim - I looked at that post before posting mine and honestly it has not helped me or rather not made any sense. To walk you through my options in EMC 9

2) I click on Data

4) I click on Data Disc

5) Here is where I'm having problems. I don't see a button or anything that says 'creat mp3 disc' or anything indicating I want my playlist to be in mp3. It lets me pick my directory of mp4 files just fine but nothing indicating mp3.

It's in Music Disc Creator. Click on the icon on your desktop, then click on the Applications button, then click on Music Disc Creator.

2) I click on Data

4) I click on Data Disc

This is from EMC 10 but it should be similar in EMC 9. Hope the pictures are enough.

post-58-1214845105.jpg

post-58-1214845123.jpg

Archived