• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error: "video Wave 9 Has Stopped Working"

d bach

Question

I have Roxio Easy CD and DVD burning in the red Vista Compatible box. Bought it from Walmart. When I try to open "My DVD" all I get is an error "video wave 9 has stopped working" Then vista shuts it down. Most everything else works. I have noticed the program is slow, very slow at times.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1503 Notebook.

VISTA OS.

Ram is maxed out.

Any one know how to fix this?

Does Roxio read these entries?

Maybe I should have bought NERO?

d bach

10 answers to this question

Keep us posted, I think everyone has gotten it installed and running after a try or 2.

OK did the clean install.

Now "My DVD" program does not show up. Rathert than the 4 selections I had, now I have 2. Now it shows "QuickDVD" and "Capture Video" the other two selections are MIA. One was "My DVD" and the other was "Capture Audio" if I remember correctly.

Maybe I need to redo.

Is Nero available for $30??? I'm seeing €69.99 (Euros) in the box on their site. Will ChinaMart take it back?

You should follow the Clean Install procedures – Here

I'll try that.

"Will ChinaMart take it back?"

I doubt it. I doubt if I can return Roxio.

Hope it works.

OK did the clean install.

Now "My DVD" program does not show up. Rathert than the 4 selections I had, now I have 2. Now it shows "QuickDVD" and "Capture Video" the other two selections are MIA. One was "My DVD" and the other was "Capture Audio" if I remember correctly.

Maybe I need to redo.

Sorry but that is all you get with the Red Box…

It is a cut down $30 Suite. You can not really think it will have everything you find in the $99 Full Retail version!

post-39730-1214939452.jpg

Keep us posted, I think everyone has gotten it installed and running after a try or 2.

I did a re-install. Now I have "drag to disc" running. This is news to me, it never showed up before.

A little progress, but I think I will have to do as you say, honestly I dread doing things like that.

I re-read your procedure. Good job, but one question. I see it is written for Windows XP. Will it work on Vista?

I do have the right release.

Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning

Version: 9.0.554

Build: 905B54T, R01

Serial Number: xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 3.4.45a, 3

Module Name: Roxio Core

Version: 3.4.0

Build: 340B65B,

I don't see this product on the update list? Wonder why? Does Roxio support this version?

If you check the box it should say 'Vista Compatible' so that would answer your first question ;)

Why don't they support it? We're still trying to work out why they released a cut-down version of an older suite in the FIRST place

If my notes are right and that is always in question, you will need the DLA patch for Vista. (Here)

The version will change to 905B26B.ENU.R01 (D2D32_805) after the patch is run.

However before doing that, try it! If it works and no error messages are popping up, no point in applying the "fix".

If you check the box it should say 'Vista Compatible' so that would answer your first question ;)

Why don't they support it? We're still trying to work out why they released a cut-down version of an older suite in the FIRST place

Oh yes, the box the software came in states Vista Compatible.

What I was asking was, is his procedure Vista compatible? I noticed that it was labeled Windows XP.

Archived