• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Won't Compress Ts_video Files

caramello197

Question

Hi everyone. First time posting. I bought Toast 9 two weeks ago and did update it to 9.02. I still have trouble compressing TS_video folder (files) onto a dvd using "fit on to DVD" option check. it won't even compress it when i am saving it as a disk image. As soon as i hit record it morphes into the progress bar window and then shuts down with an error message. I am able to burn DVDs if the source material does not need to be compressed to 4.7GB. Does anyone have an answer. So far i have been disappointed with this product. :(

6 answers to this question

What is the error message? Does the VIDEO_TS folder have AC-3 audio or does it have PCM audio?

I have to check tonight. I am not sure if the audio is AC-3 or PCM. If i have a movie that will burn if it is less then 4.7 GB but it doesn't compress if it is more then 4.7 GB, audio will cause an error and crash Toast?

I will check the error when i get home from work. I do know it says somthing like "ERROR! Toast must shut down due to compression problems" or something like that. Sorry I can't be more help right know. Thanks for your response.

I have to check tonight. I am not sure if the audio is AC-3 or PCM. If i have a movie that will burn if it is less then 4.7 GB but it doesn't compress if it is more then 4.7 GB, audio will cause an error and crash Toast?

I will check the error when i get home from work. I do know it says somthing like "ERROR! Toast must shut down due to compression problems" or something like that. Sorry I can't be more help right know. Thanks for your response.

Things that I know can go wrong with fit-to-DVD:

1) The VIDEO_TS folder is lacking something that was originally authored to it. This happens when a DVD is ripped using movie only rather than full disc.

2) The VIDEO_TS was from an iDVD dual-layer sized DVD or disc image and nearly fills a dual-layer disc. In this case iDVD's PCM audio takes up so much space on the single-layer disc that there is not enough room remaining for the compressed video. The same would be true for other VIDEO_TS folders that have PCM audio such as some concert DVDs.

3) The video within the VIDEO_TS was encoded at a very low bit rate or less than full resolution in order to fit many hours of content on a DVD. These are already so compressed that fit-to-DVD doesn't have much to work with.

4) The VIDEO_TS is copy encrypted or otherwise has something preventing Toast from requantizing the video.

Check if any of these may apply in your case.

Things that I know can go wrong with fit-to-DVD:

1) The VIDEO_TS folder is lacking something that was originally authored to it. This happens when a DVD is ripped using movie only rather than full disc.

2) The VIDEO_TS was from an iDVD dual-layer sized DVD or disc image and nearly fills a dual-layer disc. In this case iDVD's PCM audio takes up so much space on the single-layer disc that there is not enough room remaining for the compressed video. The same would be true for other VIDEO_TS folders that have PCM audio such as some concert DVDs.

3) The video within the VIDEO_TS was encoded at a very low bit rate or less than full resolution in order to fit many hours of content on a DVD. These are already so compressed that fit-to-DVD doesn't have much to work with.

4) The VIDEO_TS is copy encrypted or otherwise has something preventing Toast from requantizing the video.

Check if any of these may apply in your case.

I am having trouble uploading the screenshot of the error but is says, "an error as occurred recompressing the video"

1. I tried both the full disk as well as just the movie. The same error pops up.

2. The movie was not an authored movie from iDVD but was ripped from a dual layer disk 7.5 GBs as well as 5 GB and 8 GB. (3 different movies). One is an owned movie that i want to copy to take with me on vaction ripped with Mac the Ripper , but i know that i will not recieve help with that one. the other 2 are movies created by a friend who does not have the original footage just the DVD that I ripped with Mac the ripper to put the TS files on my drive, unfortunately Adobe Priemere does not recognize TS_video files or VOB files. I am not sure if the audio is PCM. is there a way i can find out?

3. All 3 movies were not encoded with low bit rate. there is only 1-3 hours or video on the disks.

4. All 3 movies were encrypted, besides the one movie, the encyption on the other 2 were done by my friend with Final Cut Studio. Mac the ripper decrypted the footage. I know i am walking on shaky ground with the one movie but the other 2 movies i would really like make another DVD and there shouldn;t be any legal infractions.

/Users/Nick/Desktop/Picture 1.png

I don't know why you're getting that error. However, there may be a workaround. Follow these steps:

1. Place one of the VIDEO_TS folders on the desktop.

2. Choose DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window.

3. Choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double click on what appears in the browser window to reveal the different titles contained within the VIDEO_TS.

4. Drag the title(s) you want to the Video window. Toast will extract the MPEG video file from the VIDEO_TS, writing it to the Roxio Converted Items folder.

5. If you want a menu on your DVD enter descriptive text, name your DVD and choose a menu style. Or you can choose to have no menu.

6. Choose Save as Disc Image.

7. When Toast is done creating the disc image choose that file with the Image File setting in the Copy window and proceed with Fit-to-DVD burn to disc.

I don't know why you're getting that error. However, there may be a workaround. Follow these steps:

1. Place one of the VIDEO_TS folders on the desktop.

2. Choose DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window.

3. Choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double click on what appears in the browser window to reveal the different titles contained within the VIDEO_TS.

4. Drag the title(s) you want to the Video window. Toast will extract the MPEG video file from the VIDEO_TS, writing it to the Roxio Converted Items folder.

5. If you want a menu on your DVD enter descriptive text, name your DVD and choose a menu style. Or you can choose to have no menu.

6. Choose Save as Disc Image.

7. When Toast is done creating the disc image choose that file with the Image File setting in the Copy window and proceed with Fit-to-DVD burn to disc.

Thanks for the workaround. I will try it tonight and reply with what happends. Again thanks for taking the time to lend a hand.

Archived