• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Warren Kahn

Audio Cd Space Between Cuts Added In Toast

Question

I master quite a few audio albums using both Toast and Jam. I recently had a master I assembled which had files that were to flow seemlessly into each other with no spaces between each cut. Once assembled, there was a noticeable gap of less than a second even though I selected 00 time between cuts and had no CD frame offsets in the settings. I had to transfer the files to an earlier version of JAM which did not put gaps into the master. Has anyone had this experience or does anyone know why Toast is inserting these delays in the tracks? This cost me 3 hours in redoing the job before discovering the problem was in the new Toast 9.2

warren kahn

4 answers to this question

Was the gap noticeable only in the preview or was it noticeable after burning it to disc? I learned (eventually) in a recent thread that playing the preview in Toast presents a "click" between tracks that isn't present on the burned disc. I'm just wondering if this is the same issue or if this is something else.

Was the gap noticeable only in the preview or was it noticeable after burning it to disc? I learned (eventually) in a recent thread that playing the preview in Toast presents a "click" between tracks that isn't present on the burned disc. I'm just wondering if this is the same issue or if this is something else.

It was in both the preview and the burned CD's. Thanks for your interest.

warren

It was in both the preview and the burned CD's. Thanks for your interest.

warren

I've created gapless CDs with Toast 9 so I don't know what is causing the issue for you. I presume you are burning the discs using DAO and not TAO (the latter would add an audible gap). In the crossfade area choose Custom which presents a preview of the track end and start points. Is the gap present there? What is the source for the audio files you are using and their format?

I've created gapless CDs with Toast 9 so I don't know what is causing the issue for you. I presume you are burning the discs using DAO and not TAO (the latter would add an audible gap). In the crossfade area choose Custom which presents a preview of the track end and start points. Is the gap present there? What is the source for the audio files you are using and their format?

YES DAO mode.

warren