Can't Create A Dvd From A Tivo Series 3 File

slingload

Question

I upgraded to Toast 9 for it's ability to create DVDs from TiVo files (for watching on a DVD player). I have a TiVo Series 3 and haven't been able to successfully create a DVD from an HD TiVo file yet. It typically starts encoding and then drops back to 0% and locks up and I have to Force Quit Toast 9.

I have searched and read through several threads but haven't found a solution to this yet. Is this a defect, or am I doing it wrong? Any help is appreciated!

1 answer to this question

I upgraded to Toast 9 for it's ability to create DVDs from TiVo files (for watching on a DVD player). I have a TiVo Series 3 and haven't been able to successfully create a DVD from an HD TiVo file yet. It typically starts encoding and then drops back to 0% and locks up and I have to Force Quit Toast 9.

I have searched and read through several threads but haven't found a solution to this yet. Is this a defect, or am I doing it wrong? Any help is appreciated!

I don't have an answer for you, but I'll share my experience.

For me, creating BDs from HD TiVo files used to take about two to three hours at most. Ever since I patched Leopard to 10.5.3, it has taken at least 3 days for 10-15GB files. It sits at 0% for a couple of hours, then slowly increases over the next 72 hours.

What kind of system are you using?

Archived