• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 7 Or 8 Does Not Work With Avermedia Capture Card

Rayi

Question

Hello. I guess there may not be much more to say than the link below regarding AverMedia EZmaker PCI video capture card. Not sure if it is the same one though. I installed 7.5 1st then 8 into an AMD 1.6 palomino computer, running WinXP pro 1 gig memory. Roxio 9 would just be too much for that computer. I also had problems with this card. Roxio does recognize the video capture and it will capture normal quality using s-video connection but it just chokes it when you try to use the mpeg-2 best quality on my SonyCamcorder. It does work fine with the Neo DVD Standard 5 software that comes with it and captuers mpeg-2 best quality with no problems. It is an older card. It is surprising that it does not work when it recognizes the card. I'm not sure what else to do, aside from the using the original software with card. Which is ok. I'll just use the Neo DVD Standard to capture. I'm not having all those other problems he had. Just wondering if there any other suggestions.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...846&hl=aver

http://www.aver.com/2005home/product/video...rpci_spec.shtml

9 answers to this question

I was more looking for a PCI video capture pci card. My experience with these usb devices has not been the greatest. I had a Hauppauge WinTV usb2 device. It worked somewhat but a little flacky at times. I suppose I could say the same thing about Roxio 8 & 9 but some people seem to not have problems while others do not. It does have the best video creating interface that I have come across so far. I may try it if I cannot find a pci card. thanks

I've a really cheap and cheerful 'Jetway' (another product of A.Non of Taiwan) TV card here which has both composite and S-VGA inputs - it will capture from an external Digital TV box - that could be worth looking in to

I was more looking for a PCI video capture pci card. My experience with these usb devices has not been the greatest. I had a Hauppauge WinTV usb2 device. It worked somewhat but a little flacky at times. I suppose I could say the same thing about Roxio 8 & 9 but some people seem to not have problems while others do not. It does have the best video creating interface that I have come across so far. I may try it if I cannot find a pci card. thanks

Did you see this post in the General Chat part of the forum? Perhaps you can wait a bit. I had an old AIW. That I liked. This one should be better.

I just took a Pinnacle A/D card out of my computer because the Dazzle DVC 100 was giving me a good capture. I used the Dazzle DVC 90 an the images were soft. The DVC 100 performs well with a sharper image.

I'm not looking at that ATI card because I got a digital camcorder and it uses Firewire and has pass through ability.

I think you'd be better off using the software that came with the Aver card and then using that input in EMC 7.

It's getting difficult to find a PCI or AGP card that has the inputs that you already have on that card and there's no guarantee that a current card would be backwardly compatable with your computer.

Personally, I've had good luck with ATI cards and EMC.

Currently I only have an AGP slot. I need to move up. You definitely can't beat firewire; however many people are stuck with VHS tapes to convert over. I was playing around and used the s-video from my Sony DCR-TRV460 camcorder. I am planing to give someone my older AMD palomino 1900+ computer with only Roxio 7.5 with the Aver Video Capture card. He has VHS-C. S-video capture clearly looked pretty decent. Much better than regular composite rca yellow. I thought the yellow composite looked unacceptable in the past. Luckily I invested in Video 8 and later upgraded to this Sony Digital 8 camcorder with backwards compatibily with older Video 8. I was very pleased with the results when I converted to DVD. You definitely have to get a hold of something that has s-video output. Only Super VHS video recorders had the s-video.

I'm using the Dazzle DVC90 that was bundled with EMC8 (but I am running 7.5 here) - I had to download the drivers from Pinnacle but it does work.

Presumably if you got a Dazzle on its own, it would come with drivers - the bundled ones had the drivers in the EMC suite

Archived