Emc8 Writing Disc On Laptop

tannenba

Question

I've tried several times to make a disc with my laptop. I don't think I had problems before SP3 (xp mce 2005).

I first saw an error when writing a ISO to a cd. I get a generic error at the very end. Doesn't say really what

it didn't like, but it seemed to have written the disc ok. I can read it.

Then I just yesterday put a 300 mb file (a printer driver update) on a disc and it did the same thing. I can again

read the file off of it ok. I looked for an update, but haven't found any. I've used the same media on my desktop

with no errors.

I wish it would give me a specific error to google. At first I thought maybe the iso was for a larger disc ( I think my discs are 700 mb ones.)

Any guesses? Anyone had problems since SP3?

7 answers to this question

Just a thought here (which could be way off beam) but, did you Install IE7 and/or Media Player 11 on the laptop?

IE7 and EMC8 don't get along - and we always recommended rolling back to IE6. Unfortunately, once SP3 is installed, that option no longer exists (the roll-back)

Just a thought here (which could be way off beam) but, did you Install IE7 and/or Media Player 11 on the laptop?

IE7 and EMC8 don't get along - and we always recommended rolling back to IE6. Unfortunately, once SP3 is installed, that option no longer exists (the roll-back)

Yeah, I have both on it. Though I didn't have problems before. It also came with Sonic on it which I have removed.

For earlier reply, yes, the first disk was burning an ISO to a cd, the second was making a Data disk with

Creator classic.

I have to note that even with media player and IE7 I didn't have problems prior to SP3. And even with the

error, the disk itself seems to be ok. I think the error happens at the end of finalazation.

Joe

Sometimes combinations of software can be unpredictable - it depends on which was first, and just plain luck.

However, with IE 7, and with SP 3 making it impossible to remove IE 7, I thin;k it's time to buy new software. Direct your dissatisfaction to Microsoft for their "wonderful improvements" in IE 7.

Lynn

Strange, because I have essentially the same software on my desktop and EMC 8 works just fine..No errors. Only major difference is the laptop drive is a lightscribe and the drives in the desktop are not. All three are double layer capable.

Joe

It's nothing to do with the drive - honestly, IE7 and WMP11 DO cause problems - the fact that they don't on one machine is another story (and just count your blessings).

Both IE7 and WMP11 are backports from Vista and do make fundamental changes to the XP kernel - in the majority of cases, they DO cause problems with EMC7 and 8.

I've tried several times to make a disc with my laptop. I don't think I had problems before SP3 (xp mce 2005).

I first saw an error when writing a ISO to a cd. I get a generic error at the very end. Doesn't say really what

it didn't like, but it seemed to have written the disc ok. I can read it.

Then I just yesterday put a 300 mb file (a printer driver update) on a disc and it did the same thing. I can again

read the file off of it ok. I looked for an update, but haven't found any. I've used the same media on my desktop

with no errors.

I wish it would give me a specific error to google. At first I thought maybe the iso was for a larger disc ( I think my discs are 700 mb ones.)

Any guesses? Anyone had problems since SP3?

If you are using Creator Classic and making an image file the extension is "c2d" Why are you making an image file for a small driver update? Just copy the file to the disc using Creator Classic

Is that a DVD ISO? If so, you can copy the ISO to a disc if there is enough space but don't expect it to play on a DVD player. What application are you using?

The error is probably saying it can't close the disc.

Perhaps I don't understand your question?

Archived