• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What Screen Capture From Dvd's

LDMartin1959

Question

I have read in several posts that CinePlayer has the ability to do screen/frame captures from DVD's although the posts seemed to be a bit short on details on how to do it. I have looked over the help file and the info on keyboard shortcuts and can't find any way to do this. Did I miss something somewhere?

14 answers to this question

Going from memory, when you have the file loaded in videowave, above the storyline/timeline view there are some icons. Scroll over them (I think one looks like a camera), and it should say "extract image". Use that button to do just that. I use it all the time for MyDVD custom menu images. There is also a "drop down" box that should appear from one of those options at the top of the screen, but I don;t know just now which one it is....

Edit:

The button is the last button to the right of the "thumbwheel" in Videowave, and says "extract image from production" when you highlight it. Also, if you right click on the preview screen of the movie when its paused, "extract image" should come up as an option.

Please report back ....

Doesn't seem to work. VideoWave refuses to import the movie as it is "uneditable". No import, no frame extraction.

Give this a try:

Open Media Manager and navigate to the folder where the movie is saved. Right click the movie and select Extract Image. Move the slider bar to the desired frame and press the Extract Image button. Do as many times as needed.

Let us know if you have success with this approach.

"Extract Image" is greyed out. I'm guessing it's because it's on a DVD and Roxio is configured to not to extract from a DVD????

Doesn't seem to work. VideoWave refuses to import the movie as it is "uneditable". No import, no frame extraction.

"Extract Image" is greyed out. I'm guessing it's because it's on a DVD and Roxio is configured to not to extract from a DVD????

Same movie(s) that are reported as protected, in your other thread????

Roxio is not configured to extract from a commercial DVD; I gotta think, as Grandpa Bruce suggests, that this DVD is copy protected.

Maybe try capturing the image w/ your printscreen button.

Roxio is not configured to extract from a commercial DVD; I gotta think, as Grandpa Bruce suggests, that this DVD is copy protected.

Maybe try capturing the image w/ your printscreen button.

Okay, it looks like my only options are print screen or finding another program to use for playback that allows for frame capture when I want that option.

Thanks.

Okay, it looks like my only options are print screen or finding another program to use for playback that allows for frame capture when I want that option.

Thanks.

I'm interested in your response to grandpabruce's question in post #9 above.

I'm interested in your response to grandpabruce's question in post #9 above.

I am trying to do a capture from any movie, but the one I've been working with at the moment while following the instructions on this thread does happen to be the same DVD as I am using on my other issue.

I am trying to do a capture from any movie, but the one I've been working with at the moment while following the instructions on this thread does happen to be the same DVD as I am using on my other issue.

Well the other topic got locked as I was trying to post.

LDM:

You gotta be up front when posting questions in this forum or you will lose credibility.

From the other thread we determined that his source was indeed copyrighted material, hence Roxio will not touch it.

I have read in several posts that CinePlayer has the ability to do screen/frame captures from DVD's although the posts seemed to be a bit short on details on how to do it. I have looked over the help file and the info on keyboard shortcuts and can't find any way to do this. Did I miss something somewhere?

As far as I know, it's not possible. I believe it might have been only in older versions. The FAQ's for 2.3 show the question:

Can I capture still images from a DVD using CinePlayer 2.3.1?

Yes. Sonic CinePlayer 2.3.1 provides a button right on the panel for capturing still images to hard disk.

You can do screen capture with VLC Media Player so give that a try.

As far as I know, it's not possible. I believe it might have been only in older versions. The FAQ's for 2.3 show the question:

Can I capture still images from a DVD using CinePlayer 2.3.1?

Yes. Sonic CinePlayer 2.3.1 provides a button right on the panel for capturing still images to hard disk.

You can do screen capture with VLC Media Player so give that a try.

Thanks for the tip. It's a shame, though, since most competing products have this feature. I figured Roxio (being sorta the leader in this type of product) would include it as well.

Thanks for the tip. It's a shame, though, since most competing products have this feature. I figured Roxio (being sorta the leader in this type of product) would include it as well.

I assume extracting an image from the DVD wouldn't serve your purpose? If it would, load your DVD into Videowave and give it a try.

I assume extracting an image from the DVD wouldn't serve your purpose? If it would, load your DVD into Videowave and give it a try.

'Extracting an image'? Hmmm. Sounds like a screen capture to me, which is what I'm looking for. But how would I do that with Videowave? It doesn't seem to have an option ot open a DVD, only Videowave files.

'Extracting an image'? Hmmm. Sounds like a screen capture to me, which is what I'm looking for. But how would I do that with Videowave? It doesn't seem to have an option ot open a DVD, only Videowave files.

Going from memory, when you have the file loaded in videowave, above the storyline/timeline view there are some icons. Scroll over them (I think one looks like a camera), and it should say "extract image". Use that button to do just that. I use it all the time for MyDVD custom menu images. There is also a "drop down" box that should appear from one of those options at the top of the screen, but I don;t know just now which one it is....

Edit:

The button is the last button to the right of the "thumbwheel" in Videowave, and says "extract image from production" when you highlight it. Also, if you right click on the preview screen of the movie when its paused, "extract image" should come up as an option.

Please report back ....

Give this a try:

Open Media Manager and navigate to the folder where the movie is saved. Right click the movie and select Extract Image. Move the slider bar to the desired frame and press the Extract Image button. Do as many times as needed.

Let us know if you have success with this approach.

Archived