• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 80004005 While Encoding

kathy13

Question

I created a DVD from Roxio MyDVD and tried to burn it. I received a error message while encoding. I went to the Roxio website and it said, either I needed to update my driver (ATI Radeon X1200) or contact Ati Technologies to get it DirectX 9 compliant. ATI said I had to contact the manufacturer since it is a laptop and the components are a package deal. Toshiba doesn't list anything to help. I did try to update the drivers from my computer but they said they were current. Could use some advice. My project is due tomorrow. Tx

6 answers to this question

Did you look at the drivers available from the ATI web site? They have a June 18th post date.

The ATI site is at : http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Also, be sure that your Directx drivers are up to date. The Microsoft download site has the latest.

The X1200 video is integrated so be sure that you choose the correct driver.

Please state your system specifications and what version level of the driver you are using.

Also, be sure that your Directx drivers are up to date. The Microsoft download site has the latest.

The X1200 video is integrated so be sure that you choose the correct driver.

Please state your system specifications and what version level of the driver you are using.

Be careful with drivers directly from ATI. Most laptop manufacturers customize the chips to adjust for power settings; the wrong driver will screw up your computer.

Toshiba doesn't bother to do many updates; that's one reason I switched brands.

What Toshiba laptop do you have? Model Number; perhaps we can help. How old is it?

In the short term, try this. Open My DVD and go to the top menu, select tools, then options and put a dot near software if it isn't already there. If the dot is near software, go to windows and set the video performance to best and away from best display.

I was also getting Encoding error when trying to burn. I read posts and updated video driver and that did the trick. Thanks! :rolleyes:

I created a DVD from Roxio MyDVD and tried to burn it. I received a error message while encoding. I went to the Roxio website and it said, either I needed to update my driver (ATI Radeon X1200) or contact Ati Technologies to get it DirectX 9 compliant. ATI said I had to contact the manufacturer since it is a laptop and the components are a package deal. Toshiba doesn't list anything to help. I did try to update the drivers from my computer but they said they were current. Could use some advice. My project is due tomorrow. Tx

Archived