• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Markers Into Chapters In Mydvd?

BobCharley

Question

I'm under the impression that markers you put into your timeline in MyDVD should automatically become chapters breaks when you output the video. I saved my project as a disc image and watched it but the markers didn't turn into chapters. Is there something I should know about?

7 answers to this question

Actually, it's it bit more complicated, but not too much. Bring the VideoWave production into MyDVD by clicking on the Add New Movie icon. Browse to your VideoWave production. It will have a .dmsm extension. Highlight it, and click Add.

Now, once it is in, click on the movie, in Preview. Then, click on Edit Movie. Click OK when you get the message about returning to Menu Editor.

Click on the Timeline button, play your movie until you get to the first marker, or use the blue scrubber to move faster to that first marker. Right click on the marker, and select Convert to Chapter Marker. Repeat the process to add all of the markers that you placed in Timeline. Once you are done, at the top of the screen, click on the Back To Menu button.

Oops. I just read that you created the project in MyDVD. You should build your project in VideoWave, not MyDVD. The process of converting the markers to chapters is the same as I explained above, but if you decide that you always want to build your projects in MyDVD, then when you place a marker in Timeline, you can right click on it right away and convert it to a chapter marker.

Actually, it's it bit more complicated, but not too much. Bring the VideoWave production into MyDVD by clicking on the Add New Movie icon. Browse to your VideoWave production. It will have a .dmsm extension. Highlight it, and click Add.

Now, once it is in, click on the movie, in Preview. Then, click on Edit Movie. Click OK when you get the message about returning to Menu Editor.

Click on the Timeline button, play your movie until you get to the first marker, or use the blue scrubber to move faster to that first marker. Right click on the marker, and select Convert to Chapter Marker. Repeat the process to add all of the markers that you placed in Timeline. Once you are done, at the top of the screen, click on the Back To Menu button.

Oops. I just read that you created the project in MyDVD. You should build your project in VideoWave, not MyDVD. The process of converting the markers to chapters is the same as I explained above, but if you decide that you always want to build your projects in MyDVD, then when you place a marker in Timeline, you can right click on it right away and convert it to a chapter marker.

The Convert to chapter marker applies in EMC 10. The OP posted in EMC 9. ;)

Archived