• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mark Sealey

(how) Does Toast Titanium 9 Recognize Dl Dvd Media?

Question

I have a 10 pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB 2.4X media... perfectly suited for and compatible with my Mac Pro 2.8 (early 2008) running 10.5.4. Shows up correctly in the Burn portion of System Profiler etc.

Yet when Toast 9 Titanium 9.0.2 is run, the media shows up at the bottom of the Video burning screen as regular 4.7 media.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA :-)

4 answers to this question

Click the button that reads "DVD" next to the big red button. In the popup list that appears choose "DVD DL"

Toast isn't recognizing the media at the bottom of the window. Where you can see how Toast recognizes the disc is by choosing Disc Info in the Recorder menu or by choosing the Recorder Settings window where you'll see the type of media next to Status just below the name of the drive.

tsantee,

Click the button that reads "DVD" next to the big red button. In the popup list that appears choose "DVD DL"

Toast isn't recognizing the media at the bottom of the window. Where you can see how Toast recognizes the disc is by choosing Disc Info in the Recorder menu or by choosing the Recorder Settings window where you'll see the type of media next to Status just below the name of the drive.

Got it. Thanks. Yes, works in both places.

I think I had imagined that Toast would detect it for me and assume if I had inserted DL, it would default to that capacity (etc) for any and all burning - and thus eliminate any mistake on my/user's part in that setting.

Do you know why it doesn't behave like that, please, by any chance?

Your help - which will get me back burning very much appreciated.

Great city, Eugene, isn't it :-)

tsantee,

Got it. Thanks. Yes, works in both places.

I think I had imagined that Toast would detect it for me and assume if I had inserted DL, it would default to that capacity (etc) for any and all burning - and thus eliminate any mistake on my/user's part in that setting.

Do you know why it doesn't behave like that, please, by any chance?

Your help - which will get me back burning very much appreciated.

Great city, Eugene, isn't it :-)

Eugene is nice. Right now we have the US Olympic Track and Field Trials and an international Bach Festival. The Oregon Country Fair is next week and it is unlike anything else. And there is the University of Oregon. One of our weaknesses is we love our trees so much we've let the whole place get very overgrown so it's not as pretty as it could be.

I have no insights about the mysteries of why Toast is designed the way it is. I consider it the Swiss Army Knife of Mac applications and they keep adding new blades and tools to fit inside. But finding them, knowing what they are for and how to use them isn't always intuitive.

tsantee,

Appreciated :)

I shall try a burn at the higher capacity today and see how it goes.

Bach festival? That is special. I'd love to be able to be there for something like that. Los Angeles pretty much a desert in those terms.

Thanks again!

Eugene is nice. Right now we have the US Olympic Track and Field Trials and an international Bach Festival. The Oregon Country Fair is next week and it is unlike anything else. And there is the University of Oregon. One of our weaknesses is we love our trees so much we've let the whole place get very overgrown so it's not as pretty as it could be.

I have no insights about the mysteries of why Toast is designed the way it is. I consider it the Swiss Army Knife of Mac applications and they keep adding new blades and tools to fit inside. But finding them, knowing what they are for and how to use them isn't always intuitive.