• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Space Requirement For Menus

hexe

Question

Hello,

Does anybody know how much space menus, transitions, introduction, titles and background music take up? Does there any guideline for this exist? Like 1 menu with 4 chapters takes about 500MB or so? I am creating slideshows with videowave 7.5 with photos and videoclips and need to figure out how much I can fit on a DVD.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Irmi

2 answers to this question

Of course they do take-up space above and beyond that of the movie.

I do not know how much, but best bet is to add the movie and as you create menus and add transitions, keep an eye on your Project Size.

The 60 minute movie was based on tests I and others ran with V7. It was based on Best Quality, 1 menu (required), no chapter, transitions or background audio.

Of course if it is over by a hair, burn to file (ISO) and use Disc Copier to burn to disc. The re-render by DC should still give you a quality project.

Interestingly, V6 with the same settings would allow a 65 minute movie…

Hello,

Does anybody know how much space menus, transitions, introduction, titles and background music take up? Does there any guideline for this exist? Like 1 menu with 4 chapters takes about 500MB or so? I am creating slideshows with videowave 7.5 with photos and videoclips and need to figure out how much I can fit on a DVD.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Irmi

You don't need to worry about it. When you are making a video, it is the length of time of the video that rules, not the size of the file.

You can figure that you will get 1 hour of video on a standard DVD at best quality.

Archived