• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
mrsturtle2

Video Clips

Question

I am having trouble inserting my video clips. It says Photoshow has encountered a problem and shuts down. This is really upsetting. I had the older program and never had so many problems before with it. Please help!

I am having trouble inserting my video clips. It says Photoshow has encountered a problem and shuts down. This is really upsetting. I had the older program and never had so many problems before with it. Please help!

Forgot to add that I am using Photoshow 5 and windows xp

10 answers to this question

Not sure exactly what your problem is but check out the post that I have and see if it brings up anything you have encountered.

Frank... (A.K.A. "redwagon")

I think Frank (a.k.a. redwagon) is referring to this thread.

Now why didn't I think of that Jess ?? Thanks !!! You saved my bacon again :lol:

Frank...

Forgot to add that I am using Photoshow 5 and windows xp

mrsturtle2,

Let us know if you are still seeing PhotoShow shut down. Try to reinstall if this is the case. If that does not help, let us know. I have a few more tricks.

mrsturtle2,

Let us know if you are still seeing PhotoShow shut down. Try to reinstall if this is the case. If that does not help, let us know. I have a few more tricks.

Will I loose my photoshow that I am working on?

Reinstalling will not affect Shows or photos.

There is a Photo Show Circle where all past shows were saved. Hopefully, they were saved. I made 3 shows with Vista and then kaput.This program is bad. Too many bugs. I have used Photo Jam from Shockwave with no problems. It doesn't do videos , but the slideshows are first class, and with no frezees , installation problems or anything else we have seen on here. Sooner or later this program will go belly up, and too bad for those who paid full price.

There is a Photo Show Circle where all past shows were saved. Hopefully, they were saved. I made 3 shows with Vista and then kaput.This program is bad. Too many bugs. I have used Photo Jam from Shockwave with no problems. It doesn't do videos , but the slideshows are first class, and with no frezees , installation problems or anything else we have seen on here. Sooner or later this program will go belly up, and too bad for those who paid full price.

I haven't had any problems with it so far, except for the learning process. I have been happy with it for some applications.

This forum is partly for working through problems. It is fated that, with all tech forums, the rarest errors will have the longest discussion and be posted first.

I have and will continue to let everyone know if a problem is common or rare and how our engineers feel about it. If you are commenting on the Circle site, chances are you are using PhotoShow 4 or earlier. This version was not as stable as PhotoShow 5 and is certainly not Vista compatible. Those are facts I have stressed in other topics.

The only exception is the free Comcast PhotoShow program. It is technically version 4. However, we have made some changes to help these customers if they have a Vista computer. Comcast customers can find a Vista update here or through support.