• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstall Drag To Disc

rockh1

Question

12 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
Try going into Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.Go to Roxio 7.5 and click on change.When it comes up click on modify,go to drag to disc and tell it not to make available.

I don't think that will work with the downloaded version.

You can however, go to Start\ Run and type msconfig Then go to the Startup tab and UNCHECK DrgToDsk, Apply, OK. The program will still be on your computer, but you'll have to start it from the home menu if you want to use it.

I don't think that will work with the downloaded version.

You can however, go to Start\ Run and type msconfig Then go to the Startup tab and UNCHECK DrgToDsk, Apply, OK. The program will still be on your computer, but you'll have to start it from the home menu if you want to use it.

The burner won't work if d to d isn't loaded, correct?

The burner won't work if d to d isn't loaded, correct?

Burning does not require D2D so D2D can be "disabled" as mlpasley has described. Drag -to-disc is only a method of burning data to your CD or DVD. Many of us do not recommend using it for anything since it is very unreliable especially if you are saving to disc for permanent storage. I always use Calssic Creator for saving to disc.

Not having gone through the proceedure to change and modify the EMC program and clicking on the D 2 D option to not install it. I am wondering why it states that "it will "NOT be available". I would assume that it meant just that. That it would not be installed on the computer at all. That that part of the program would not be something that you could use no matter how you tried to initiate it later on. If anyone has tried this I would be curious if that was available for use in any way. That proceedure IS available on my retail version but I'm not sure if it is available on the downloaded version as someone already suggested.

Frank....

Not having gone through the proceedure to change and modify the EMC program and clicking on the D 2 D option to not install it. I am wondering why it states that "it will "NOT be available". I would assume that it meant just that. That it would not be installed on the computer at all. That that part of the program would not be something that you could use no matter how you tried to initiate it later on. If anyone has tried this I would be curious if that was available for use in any way. That proceedure IS available on my retail version but I'm not sure if it is available on the downloaded version as someone already suggested.

Frank....

Doesn't seem that important to me - Packet-Writing isn't much good for anything except permantly losing data. :)

Lynn

I agree with you Lynn, but it is a part of the program so I'm sure others that have questions regarding how to use or not use it. And I think the original OP just wanted to remove it for the reasons you, me and a lot of other users don't want it either. :)

Frank....

Thanks to all who took the time to reply! The only reason I even posted was that in the past EMC would fail to burn a cd if it wasn't running. Thanks for clearing things up. :)

To use the reliable programs in the suite, take a BLANK blank directly out of hte package or off the spindle.

If you format a disc, then it is formatted by whichever Packet-Writing program formatted it (Drag2Discs, DirectCD, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc), and will only work with that program - often even a different Version of the same program will be unable to read/write to disc.

You haven't been formattng the CDs, have you?

(BTW - the primary use of RW media, aside from testing, is losing data.)

Lynn

Guest mlpasley
I have installed other programs that have that similar option and once you opt to not install a certain portion of a program, you've had it.

Frank...

You can get reinstall the Drag to Disk option by doing a Windows Add Remove Programs\ Roxio EMC7 \ Change. I don't have Drag to Disk installed because I prefer Creator Classic and distrust packet writing software.

There is a big difference between the downloaded version and the version that you buy in stores. The major difference is in the ability to do a custom install. That's why I added the suggestion that the program could be disabled at startup in case this was the downloaded upgrade.

I was pretty sure that that would be the case Terry. I did that when I installed my program but I had never gone back and tried to get it loaded for use again. (Didn't want it to start with). I just assume that once you chose the option in the installation to not load, it wouldn't be on the computer to use at all. Thanks for clearing that up. I have installed other programs that have that similar option and once you opt to not install a certain portion of a program, you've had it.

Frank...

Archived