DVDIt Pro 6

Yegg57

Question

I have something similar, I just bought DVDit 6 pro and after creating 1 single layer DVD with 6 or 7 individual movies on it, I stepped up a bit and made my first double layer DVD with 14 movies on it.

I made it a special point to go to each movie and select the "End Action" for each of them, and on movie #14 I selected the "End Action" to be "Movie 1: Movie 1" so that the entire DVD would loop until stopped by my viewers.

To accomplish this I have the "MAIN MENU" having 7 titles on it and "MENU2" having 7 titles on it.

When movie 14 is playing, if I push the "NEXT" button on the remote it displays the "CANT DO THAT" icon on the screen. When movie 14 is done, it goes to MENU2 instead of MOVIE1 as I programmed it.

I went back and double checked the settings and i still don't understand why its doing what its doing.

I will admit that i am learning as i'm going, i have previous DVDit experience on another version from 3-4-5 years ago, but this is becoming rather annoying...

I am going to try burning another (I've changed the remote button routing on some things, but the "End Action" for #14 has always, and still does, point to Movie1.

I really don't understand this and any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks,

Charley

4 answers to this question

there is an "alternate end action" tick box at the bottom of the "button attributes" window. highlight your button on your menu and the button attributes window will be shown. scroll to the bottom of the button attributes window and untick "return to menu"

there is an "alternate end action" tick box at the bottom of the "button attributes" window. highlight your button on your menu and the button attributes window will be shown. scroll to the bottom of the button attributes window and untick "return to menu"

OK, I am gonna try this again...

well that worked to get that ending movie to go back to the first movie... Why is that box there? is that if someone picks one scene to watch that it takes them back to men so they don't have to watch entire rest of movie?

a second question if I might...

I had 2 menus...

[-------------------------------------------------------------------] ....[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------].....[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[......m1............m2............m3............m4...--.-------........] ... [............m8............m9............m10....-..--------------......]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------].....[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[----m5------------m6--------m7--------------------------------] ---[-----m11--------m12 --------m13-------- m14-------------- ]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------]...-.[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------]..-..[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[-----------------------------------------------menu 2-----------]----[----------------------------------------------- menu 1----------]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------]----[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

and I edited each movie end-action to go show specific movie number to go to. I burned 1 disc and it acted like I thought it should...

Then since I had some extra space on DVD and content that would fit, I squeezed in #15 so it looked like this..

[-------------------------------------------------------------------] ....[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[......m1............m2............m3............m4...--.-------........] ... [............m8............m9............m10......-M15---------......]

[----m5------------m6--------m7--------------------------------] ---[-----m11--------m12 --------m13-------- m14-------------- ]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------]...-.[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------]..-..[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

[-----------------------------------------------menu 2-----------]----[----------------------------------------------- menu 1----------]

[-------------------------------------------------------------------]----[-------------------------------------------------------------------]

Once again, I edited the "END-ACTION" for the movies involved, specifically on M10 I told it go ->M15, M15->M11, and M14->m1

When I do simulate, it follows that path. When I burn the DVD, at end of M10 it goes to 11, 12, 13, 14 and then 15.... I have checked and re-checked all the settings I can think of and have wasted 2-3 Double layer DVDs trying to burn one that runs in the correct order...

can you think of anything that I am missing?

also, when playing the last movie, if i press "NEXT" button on remote, it gives me the "bad command" symbol on the TV instead of jumping to #1 as the end action, is that normal?

when you are pressing skip on your DVD player you are skipping past the end action and it is playing the next title on the disc. I think you will find that if you let title 10 play through to the end it will skip to title 15 which will then skip to title 11. to fix this behavior, you can move your new title into position after title 10 and the skipping should function properly.

the behavior in your last title for skip will be the prohibited sign. you could try putting a chapter mark a second or so away from the end of that title so that if a user presses skip, they will hit the chapter mark and then subsequently the end action will fire off and your first title will play.

FYI, you should be able to emulat these projects by writing a volume and then playing that volume in your computers DVD playback software (winDVD, powerDVD or CinePlayer). when you are comfortable that your volume is playing properly, you can use DVDit or something like IMGBRN to burn that volume to disc.

Archived