• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd 8 Saving Finished Project Problem

tomaz24

Question

I have a problem at the end of creating DVD (at burning to harddisk). I'll describe from begining so that you can help me.

I created 22 football compilations which are in WMV format. Then i created in MyDVD 8 menus and everthing, imported those wmv files into program and at the end burned project to my harddrive. It all worked but i wasn't satisfied with the quality of video on DVD so i converted wmv videos into VOB (+IFO, etc.) with WinAvi video converter.

Then i again strated project in MyDVD and i created all menus, all conections and i imported those compilatins in VOB files into project (via "movie/add new movie"). When i completed everything i check in preview and everything worked fine, all videos playing.

Then i wanted to save project and harddrive (to Video_ts folder). I opened "file" and "burn project to disc". It told me there are some errors "buttons are overlapping on menu" but i don't think that problem (i honestly don't know what is that error all about anyway). Then i chose "burn anyway" and i selected folder set at the bottom. And when i confirm to start burning on harddrive it just comes to 2% (it encode intro movie which is still in wmv because i can't set into as vob file) and then it doesn't continue to save complete project into DVD.

What is wrong with this? I really need help because i have everything ready only i can't finish it.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Where to begin? I strongly suggest you spend a lot of time with the manual. Read this. You are going all around the block to do something that is simple. :huh:

Why are the originals in WMV? Every time you convert, you are going to lose quality so I'm not surprised that your quality is not good. For the future capture as avi if you have the computer hard disk space.

I'm not sure what you mean by "at burning to hard disk". Are you burning to an iso file or trying to save to your hard disk? How long is the total of the files (not size- time). Remember you can get only about one hour on a DVD at best quality before the program starts fitting the project to disc where you will lose more quality. If you didn't like the quality the first time, you may be trying to stuff 5 pounds of stuff in a one pound bag. :)

Right now, convert the files to mpg2 add them to a Video Wave production. Add one after another or in logical sets in multiple projects. When you go to MyDVD, you can select chapters to get to individual plays (games).. When you render, render to an iso file and let the program create the proper format and folders. You then copy the iso file to a DVD RW to check the quality before you burn to a disc.

The error you got was really meant to tell you something not just to confuse you ! Heed the warnings. I do not believe that you can get 22 "movies" with buttons onto one or even several menu pages. If you try, they overlap and you will have difficulty navigating and selecting the movies.

If you have problems after spending some time with the manual, post back.

I have a problem at the end of creating DVD (at burning to harddisk). I'll describe from begining so that you can help me.

I created 22 football compilations which are in WMV format. Then i created in MyDVD 8 menus and everthing, imported those wmv files into program and at the end burned project to my harddrive. It all worked but i wasn't satisfied with the quality of video on DVD so i converted wmv videos into VOB (+IFO, etc.) with WinAvi video converter.

Then i again strated project in MyDVD and i created all menus, all conections and i imported those compilatins in VOB files into project (via "movie/add new movie"). When i completed everything i check in preview and everything worked fine, all videos playing.

Then i wanted to save project and harddrive (to Video_ts folder). I opened "file" and "burn project to disc". It told me there are some errors "buttons are overlapping on menu" but i don't think that problem (i honestly don't know what is that error all about anyway). Then i chose "burn anyway" and i selected folder set at the bottom. And when i confirm to start burning on harddrive it just comes to 2% (it encode intro movie which is still in wmv because i can't set into as vob file) and then it doesn't continue to save complete project into DVD.

What is wrong with this? I really need help because i have everything ready only i can't finish it.

Thanks

Archived