Problems Recognizing Mpeg Files

mattekd

Question

I have downloaded and installed MyDVD8 including EMC8 (build 805B68J ENU).

The problem is that when I try to "Add new files" to a DVD project, MPEG files are not recognized!

Instead of a thumbnail there is a red circle with a red bar inside.

This is really frustrating since earlier versions of MyDVD recognize the same files.

I have tried "prefup" but that did'nt work. I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing,

but with no success.

Have someone experienced the same problem, and is there a solution available, cause this is very disturbing!!

Thanks in advance,

Mattias

7 answers to this question

Have you also tried the codec solution here? What is the source of the mpg files?

The problem is that when I try to "Add new files" to a DVD project, MPEG files are not recognized!

This is really frustrating since earlier versions of MyDVD recognize the same files.

I have tried "prefup" but that did'nt work. I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing,

but with no success.

Have someone experienced the same problem, and is there a solution available, cause this is very disturbing!!

Thanks in advance,

Mattias

Hi,

I haven't tried CODEC solution yet.

The source of the files are a HAUPPAGE DIGITAL TV-CARD.

Works fine with earlier versions of MyDVD.

I downloaded GSpot and it when pushing the "Render" button it was able to execute the mpeg files...

So what do I do now...?

I downloaded GSpot and it when pushing the "Render" button it was able to execute the mpeg files...

So what do I do now...?

Some more info... the codec info fields on the right says "n.a" for all mpeg files I examine with GSpot.

One of the things suggested in that thread isPrefup. Try that since it works most of the time.

I wonder if the fact that you have a digital tv tuner causes the problem. I'd be interested to know. This is relatively new technology for Hauppauge.

Works fine with earlier versions of MyDVD.

The recent release doesn't have much in common with previous MyDVD versions. MyDVD8 was totally rewritten. It is also the first release since Sonic merged with Roxio. MyDVD 8 is based more on the previous version of Roxio's DVD Builder and not Sonic's MyDVD.

One of the things suggested in that thread isPrefup. Try that since it works most of the time.

I wonder if the fact that you have a digital tv tuner causes the problem. I'd be interested to know. This is relatively new technology for Hauppauge.

Sorry... prefup didn't seem to help.

One thing I observed is that the "Attribute" information field is empty when I list the mpeg files when I select "Details" in the "Select Media File" window.

but with no success.

Thanks in advance,

Mattias

Hi,

I have had exactly the same problem with my Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300 PCI card. I also had playback problems in Windows Media Player 10 and som other DVD software players with these mpg files. I´m quite sure that it is the Hauppauge mpg file (MPEG-2) that causes the problem, as it was in my case. My problem got solved by following this FAQ from Hauppauge UK Forum. You only have to follow the FAQ from: "Alternatively you can remultiplex the files as described here". Hope remultiplex the mpg files will solve the problems as it did for me.

Best Regards

Kent

Archived