• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Achieving A Minimal Installation

jhg08

Question

Is it possible to install EMC10 such that the only pieces installed are Creator Classic and Label Creator? I have no need for any of the other stuff and it takes up a huge amount of space (close to 1GB).

The bits that appear in "Add/Remove Programs" don't seem to correspond 1-to-1 with the various applications. Which installed product (Central Core/Data/Tools) contains Creator Classic and Label Creator?

3 answers to this question

Is it possible to install EMC10 such that the only pieces installed are Creator Classic and Label Creator? I have no need for any of the other stuff and it takes up a huge amount of space (close to 1GB).

The bits that appear in "Add/Remove Programs" don't seem to correspond 1-to-1 with the various applications. Which installed product (Central Core/Data/Tools) contains Creator Classic and Label Creator?

While you do have some control over what to install using the Custom Install, you won't be able to just install only those to programs.

I won't try to talk you into spending money but hard drives are getting cheaper each week. There's bargains to be had if you are short on space.

While you do have some control over what to install using the Custom Install, you won't be able to just install only those to programs.

I won't try to talk you into spending money but hard drives are getting cheaper each week. There's bargains to be had if you are short on space.

I'm not worried about the cost of space (I have 750GB in a 3Ware hardware RAID1 configuration). I object to the "services" that get installed and run in background (4 with this version). All I want out of this is the ability to burn cds and data dvds, and LabelCreator. I don't need services that run uPNP, folder watching, etc.