• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Pleez....any Thing Will Do...

snj4ever

Question

i cant seem to find a remedy here for my problem, i have installed verion 7 and did the version 7.1 update, of course when i rebooted, i knew that the 2 dvd drives would be missing in device manager, and they were, i did the registry fix as some of you folks have recomended, my problem is,

once i did the regedit fix, the drives are not seen in the roxio 7 product.

i am at a loss as what to do.

pleez oh pleez any ideas would be much appreciated.

thank you in advance, steve hoover in sunny southern californaia. :):huh::D

8 answers to this question

i cant seem to find a remedy here for my problem, i have installed verion 7 and did the version 7.1 update, of course when i rebooted, i knew that the 2 dvd drives would be missing in device manager, and they were, i did the registry fix as some of you folks have recomended, my problem is,

once i did the regedit fix, the drives are not seen in the roxio 7 product.

i am at a loss as what to do.

pleez oh pleez any ideas would be much appreciated.

thank you in advance, steve hoover in sunny southern californaia. :):huh::D

Did they show up in Device Manager after you did the registry fix? If so, try removing them again, and rebooting.

Did they show up in Device Manager after you did the registry fix? If so, try removing them again, and rebooting.

Hello and Good Morning, GrandpaBruce, hello sir, thank you for the reply, yes sir they showed back up in device manager, but not the roxio product, i did the uninstall the drives as you suggested in device manager, did a reboot, the xp found the drives and reinstalled them, i went to roxio, just to do a quickie cd creation burn, added 1 song and then went to "burn disk" the box where it shows you which drive you wish to use, there are no drives as a choice.

this is really bizarre, i have tried giving this program to my neighbor, and we have the very same issue.

install media creator

asks to do a reboot

no drive in device manager

do the reg fix

reboot

drives seen in device manager

go to media creator

do a quickie audio disk or slideshow or data disk,

roxio does not see any dvd drives in the system

UGH!!!!!!

any ideas sir??

steve :)

Probably a moot question or suggestion but when you open up Roxio EMC 7 click on "Extras And Utilities" and then click on "Disc and Device Utility". What does it show there ? Anything ?

Another question: You suggested that after you did the 7.1 update you knew that your two DVD drives would be missing in Device Manager. How did you know that ? From other posts on this forum that suggested that would happen or previous expierence doing the same thing ? And not sure why after just doing an update for 7.1 one would have to do a registry fix.

Frank....

Hello and Good Morning, GrandpaBruce, hello sir, thank you for the reply, yes sir they showed back up in device manager, but not the roxio product, i did the uninstall the drives as you suggested in device manager, did a reboot, the xp found the drives and reinstalled them, i went to roxio, just to do a quickie cd creation burn, added 1 song and then went to "burn disk" the box where it shows you which drive you wish to use, there are no drives as a choice.

this is really bizarre, i have tried giving this program to my neighbor, and we have the very same issue.

install media creator

asks to do a reboot

no drive in device manager

do the reg fix

reboot

drives seen in device manager

go to media creator

do a quickie audio disk or slideshow or data disk,

roxio does not see any dvd drives in the system

UGH!!!!!!

any ideas sir??

steve :)

Do you have the latest firmware updates for your burners? Did you have media in the burner when you were trying to burn? What make and model burners do you have?

HOLY MOLY..............................

TBREWST.................

you are the bomb dood, or dood ett, i ran that file, and did a reboot, it didnt ask for it, i did it anyways,

and went to do a quickie audio burn, then tried a quickie slideshow burn,

yes sir the drives are present, and i am back in business.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

did i say thank you yet. :):huh:

of all the forums i have read so far, i believe that patch would fix alot of folks issues with the problems such as i had.

thanx again.

steve

I won't go into the particulars but this seems to work some of the times.It might not always fix peoples problems but it's usually worth a try and if it works,GREAT.If not it's no big loss except a little time.That's why I pinned a post in a few areas in V8 and V7,hope people see them and at least give it a try.

You're welcome Steve,glad it helped you.

Archived