BigWaveDave

Videowave Already Running In Another User Account

Question

I've been using VideoWave successfully this past week and have generated some great DVDs using VideoWave. Then suddenly today I can't access VideoWave. The error message is "The task you are attempting to initiate requires VideoWave, but it is already running in another user account on this machine". There are no other users on my machine. I tried setting up a new account on my computer and reloading the software, but I still get the same error message. Anyone have any ideas?

9 answers to this question

Try running task manager ( the three finger salute - Ctrl Alt Del). Go to Processes and tick the box 'Show processes from all users' and then stop the process there.

Try running it again and let us know what happens

Ok so i am having the same issue to where it states that its running in another users account but i also do not have any other users on my computer, tried finding it in the processes and clicking the show processes from all users but could not find any videowave program or gamecap, or roxio, any other ideas on what the problem could be, i can still record no problem, but when i click the edit and share button once nothing happens then i double click it and the error message pops up

Late response had the same problem but do I click end task

You quoted a 6 year old post. Hijacking dead threads is not useful

Why don't you start a new thread and clearly state your problem, what software you are using etc.