Ntsc To Pal Dvd With Roxio Toast

Mark Pigott

Question

5 answers to this question

Mount the disc image. Choose PAL as the setting in Toast preferences. Select DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Drag the contents of what appears in the browser window to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. When the extraction is complete set up the menu the way you want. Now when you choose Save as Disc Image Toast will ask if you really want to convert to PAL.

Mount the disc image. Choose PAL as the setting in Toast preferences. Select DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Drag the contents of what appears in the browser window to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. When the extraction is complete set up the menu the way you want. Now when you choose Save as Disc Image Toast will ask if you really want to convert to PAL.

I have did what you outlined but for some reason it records the first 50% to PAL really quick, slows down to normal speed for the rest of the

encode.

It only creates about 10minutes of the 1h10 NTSC in the PAL version first program.

Any ideas why the PAL burn is way shorter times wise?

Confused

I have did what you outlined but for some reason it records the first 50% to PAL really quick, slows down to normal speed for the rest of the

encode.

It only creates about 10minutes of the 1h10 NTSC in the PAL version first program.

Confused

Something is wrong but I don't know what. The PAL conversion should go slowly from the start. How does Toast describe the specs of your video after you extracted it to the video window from the Media Browser?

By the way, the file gets written to the Roxio Converted Items folder which Toast empties when quitting by default. I change that Toast Preference to never empty the converted items folder so I don't accidentally lose something I planned to work on at a later time.

encode.

Confused

Hi everyone - I'm guessing that Mark's video_TS folder contains 1 .vob file that is longer than all the rest, say about 10mins?. Toast 9 chooses that as 'Main' by default and converts only that. Hence only 10mins of your 1h10 NTSC file actually gets converted into PAL.

What you would need to do if that was the case here is click on 'Options' to (right of folder icon) and choose 'All' instead of 'Main'.

Sound likely?

Paul

Hi everyone - I'm guessing that Mark's video_TS folder contains 1 .vob file that is longer than all the rest, say about 10mins?. Toast 9 chooses that as 'Main' by default and converts only that. Hence only 10mins of your 1h10 NTSC file actually gets converted into PAL.

What you would need to do if that was the case here is click on 'Options' to (right of folder icon) and choose 'All' instead of 'Main'.

Sound likely?

Paul

What about the frame rate? When I converted an NTSC DVD to PAL the Frame rate was still 29.97fps. Should it not have changed to 25fps?

I used Custom Encoding options and set reencoding to "NEVER". Could this be why?

Also does it really matter if the PAL version is 29.97fps instead of 25fps?