steve375

Need Help Converting Audio File Formats

I was able to use Easy CD Creator 5 just fine prevously but then began experiencing all kinds of problems so I had to uninstall and then reinstall. I think I have almost everything working as it should except Soundstream is only recognizing wav files where most of my songs are formatted as mps. How do I get Soundstream to recognize all of my various files (wav, mp3 or wma)? Thanks, I appreciate all the help one can offer.

Hello Steve,

You may have upset the MP3 Fraunhofer codec that ECDC uses. It would probably be worth looking for a version of the Fraunhofer Radium MP3 codec on the Internet, and installing that. It should take care of your MP3s.

If it won't recognize WMA files, you may need to do a repair of your Windows Media Player. Check and see if your current Windows Media Player will play them. If it won't, then it needs to be repaired.

Just repair WMP, don't upgrade it. The later versions can and do kill Easy CD Creator 5.

Hello Steve,

You may have upset the MP3 Fraunhofer codec that ECDC uses. It would probably be worth looking for a version of the Fraunhofer Radium MP3 codec on the Internet, and installing that. It should take care of your MP3s.

If it won't recognize WMA files, you may need to do a repair of your Windows Media Player. Check and see if your current Windows Media Player will play them. If it won't, then it needs to be repaired.

Just repair WMP, don't upgrade it. The later versions can and do kill Easy CD Creator 5.

Also, in Control Panel, under Sounds and Multimedia, under the Hardware tab, look at the Properties for Audio Codecs. Click on the "Properties Tab" to display the list of codecs, then select the Fraunhofer codec (if installed) and see what priority it's set at. Make it the highest priority (I don't recall if that is "1" or the highest number) and reboot. See if that enables MP3 recognition.