Roxio / Nero Disc: Ntfs Daylight Savings Timestamps Problem

tsunamiz

Question

I'm using WinXP and NTFS file system.

I occassionally use FileSync 2.18 to synchronize my data for backup between certain hard drive folders and a DVD-RW disc. I currently use Roxio EMC 8 Drag-to-disc to format my DVD-RW to act like a floppy disk.

Last night, I did a sync of my hard drive to my DVD-RW before daylight savings began. But this morning [after daylight savings began], I did a check of my sync and the timestamps on all my hard drive files are changed! Therefore, all my backup files on DVD-RW now have different timestamps from my hard drive and I would have to re-copy all the data to the DVD-RW to make them same again. Is there any way to avoid this timestamp problem with using Roxio Drag-to-disc with WinXP's NTFS file system?

I've tried using SyncBackSE 4.0.6.0 as a sync program, which has a setting to ignore daylight savings time changes when comparing files, but it didn't ignore timestamp differences on my DVD-RW. So the problem doesn't seem to be the sync programs.

Anyone know of a way around this timestamp problem? I prefer to stick with using DVD-RW as my backup media. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I'm using WinXP and NTFS file system.

I occassionally use FileSync 2.18 to synchronize my data for backup between certain hard drive folders and a DVD-RW disc. I currently use Roxio EMC 8 Drag-to-disc to format my DVD-RW to act like a floppy disk.

Last night, I did a sync of my hard drive to my DVD-RW before daylight savings began. But this morning [after daylight savings began], I did a check of my sync and the timestamps on all my hard drive files are changed! Therefore, all my backup files on DVD-RW now have different timestamps from my hard drive and I would have to re-copy all the data to the DVD-RW to make them same again. Is there any way to avoid this timestamp problem with using Roxio Drag-to-disc with WinXP's NTFS file system?

I've tried using SyncBackSE 4.0.6.0 as a sync program, which has a setting to ignore daylight savings time changes when comparing files, but it didn't ignore timestamp differences on my DVD-RW. So the problem doesn't seem to be the sync programs.

Anyone know of a way around this timestamp problem? I prefer to stick with using DVD-RW as my backup media. Thanks.

You need to be talking to the FileSync people… D2D receives a command to copy and it copies. It doesn't make up times, that comes from your PC.

Archived