• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Audio Tracks Only

Is there a way to burn only the audio track from a dvd but not the video. I have a couple of dvds that I'd like to record the music off of to a cd to paly in my car.

Mark

If these are commercial DVDs, no. Unless, perhaps, you put a microphone in front of a DVD player and pick it up that way, altho quality won't be all that great.

If it is a non-commercial DVD, such as a school program, you can probably extract it in Videowave.

Lynn

V6 does not have VideoWave included but it does have AudioCentral.

I don't do much with audio so I am not the final answer on this… I do not believe any programs are designed to capture audio directly from a DVD Movie. Some may know how to "lift" the audio track from a capture and save it. (I don't!)

Otherwise playing the DVD and see what AC can record might be the way to try it.

• 2 months later...

Audacity can do it. It's a great and simple program. You can download it for free here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. Assuming your computer has a DVD player, just play the DVD as you normally would, but first get Audacity running and hit the record button. Make sure to turn all other audio off on your computer otherwise each sound will be recorded. When setting up Audacity, go to Edit:Preferences to select stereo and on the main screen, there is a dropdown box with the word "microphone" in it. Change that to Stereo mixer and you should be good to go. You might have to play with the input and output level sliders that are just to the left of the "stereo mixer" drop down box. I did it recently and it worked great. Once you have it in Audacity. You can trim it off anything extra from the beginning or end of the track, or split it up into separate songs. Then you can export it to your hard drive as a wave, mp3 or any other format you like. I prefer .wav files. From there, just drag and drop it into Roxio as you would any other file.

These are the kind of questions that make me wish I still had V6 on my machine.I know you can do it in V8 a couple different ways.I would have to agree though James that if you can in V6 it'll be through Audio Central.Or maybe with Sound Editor and capture it from the DVD,although it would be done in real time.

Archived