Sign in to follow this  
msj2487

What Drives Are Compatible With Popcorn 3?

Question

Hi I'm new here and considering purchasing Popcorn 3 to replace my old DVD copying software which is no longer compatible with my computer's burning drive. First, I have a PowerBook G4, and my burning drive is the MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-845E, and I was just wondering I guess if this product will easily allow me to copy DVD's and be compatible with my burner?

I looked all over the system requirements, but there was nothing about which drives Popcorn is compatible with and which ones it is not, so I'm hoping mine will be, so I can create copies of some DVD's I made.

Thanks in advance for any support, and if you need more information please just ask and I'll see what I can find out for you.

6 answers to this question

Popcorn works with any drive that the Mac OS recognizes as a disc-burning drive. Open System Profiler and click Disc Burning. If your drive is shown there then Popcorn will burn to it.

If that Matshita burner is an Apple Superdrive it may be the drive, not your software, that's the problem. Those slot-loading Superdrives are not very reliable as you can see by going to discussions.apple.com and reading posts in the Powerbook forums.

By the way, Roxio has a refund policy for a certain number of days when software is purchased for download from Roxio's site.

I have the same computer with the same superdrive and with applecare it has been change twice!!! The second just lasted a year and then started ejecting everything I try inserting, so I have to agree with tsantee!! Not very good hardware!!!

Well I went ahead and purchased Popcorn 3 today and no luck so far burning DVD's. Each time a burn gets close to finishing, extracting the files (around 30 seconds left), it says there was an error and couldn't be completed.

Thanks for the help and advice so far, but are there any other suggestions for me? Should I look into purchasing an external disc burner? Or should I go ahead and refund my Popcorn 3 purchase? Does anyone know how long someone gets to decide on the refund or not? I'm assuming something like 30 days, but I can't find it anywhere on the site.

Again, any and all help is welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Edited by msj2487

Well I went ahead and purchased Popcorn 3 today and no luck so far burning DVD's. Each time a burn gets close to finishing, extracting the files (around 30 seconds left), it says there was an error and couldn't be completed.

Thanks for the help and advice so far, but are there any other suggestions for me? Should I look into purchasing an external disc burner? Or should I go ahead and refund my Popcorn 3 purchase? Does anyone know how long someone gets to decide on the refund or not? I'm assuming something like 30 days, but I can't find it anywhere on the site.

Again, any and all help is welcomed! Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure of the refund time. Is there any mention of it in the purchase confirmation email?

I recommend getting a Firewire external drive. LaCie is well regarded and provides firmware updates that can be flashed on Macs. They also sell a model that includes Toast.

The refund period is 30 days.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/service/cs_refund.html