• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jbell

Converting .flac To Mp3

Question

I have read the help files and I should be able to convert .flac files to mp3. I can not find the convert option on any menus. I am blonde, perhaps that is it? In any event, guidance is needed!

thank you if you can help.

JB :blink:

7 answers to this question

Toast does not encode MP3 format. I don't know what application will convert Flac to MP3. You could use Toast to convert to AIFF or Apple Lossless and then use iTunes to convert that to MP3.

Is that an Austin Healy 3000? My favorite!

OK, fine. I can't find that option either! I can't find the CONVERT option.

Thank you for replying, now at least I can be more specific!

Breathlessly awaiting your reply.

It's PINK FLOYD I want to convert.

Is that an Austin Healy 3000? My favorite!

OK, fine. I can't find that option either! I can't find the CONVERT option.

Thank you for replying, now at least I can be more specific!

Breathlessly awaiting your reply.

It's PINK FLOYD I want to convert.

It's a 1958 Austin-Healey 100-6. The first Austin-Healeys were called the 100 and had a wonderful four-cylinder engine. When Austin stopped making that engine a 6-cylinder Austin truck engine was fitted in 1957 and the car rebadged to 100-6. In 1959 the 6-cylinder was bored to 3000 cc and the famous Austin-Healey 3000 was born.

The convert option in Toast is the button on the right. There is Data, Audio, Video, Data and Convert. When in the Convert window clicking the big red button opens the export options window.

I'm not sure what the best comment should be about attempting to convert Pink Floyd. That seems a daunting task.

Toast does not encode MP3 format. I don't know what application will convert Flac to MP3. You could use Toast to convert to AIFF or Apple Lossless and then use iTunes to convert that to MP3.

The LAME codecs can add mp3 encoding to QuickTime. Since they are free, it could be worth installing them to see if it solves your issue.

I have read the help files and I should be able to convert .flac files to mp3. I can not find the convert option on any menus. I am blonde, perhaps that is it? In any event, guidance is needed!

thank you if you can help.

JB :blink:

How do I covert flac to TIFF files???? I could see no obvious ways to do this. Thank you for considering this.

How do I covert flac to TIFF files???? I could see no obvious ways to do this. Thank you for considering this.

Do you really mean FLAC to AIFF? If so add the FLAC files in the Convert window, click the button and choose AIFF as the export format.