Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online

Amd Changes Ceo As Turnaround Pressure Intensifies


Recommended Posts



SAN FRANCISCO - Under Hector Ruiz's leadership, chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. rose to challenge larger rival Intel Corp. as never before in AMD's nearly 40-year history.


Yet after six years as AMD's CEO, the embattled Ruiz stepped down Thursday as pressure mounts on the Sunnyvale-based company to dig itself out of a deep financial hole and recover from a devastating product stumble that wound up benefiting Intel in a big way.


Nearly all the world's personal computers and many of the servers inside corporate data centers run on chips made by AMD or its much larger Silicon Valley rival, Intel Corp. Intel commands 80 percent of the global market for microprocessors. AMD has roughly the other 20 percent.





Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...