Audio Files In Slide Show

jhauserz

Question

I have built a slide show containing about 350 jpg photos. I want to add sound files to the show, but DVD Builder will only let me add one. That one plays fine but when finished, the slideshow contineus without sound. I once created a slideshow in Phtobase3 (for a CD) that allowed me to add multiple audio files and the length of the show was adjusted to coinccide with length of audio.

Am I doing something wrong? This is the first I have created with Roxio.

Also, is each picture considered a title?

4 answers to this question

Produce your production using Videowave first by adding all of the photos (use the "Storyline" view) and then change to the "Timeline" view and add one or more audio files by dragging them down to the audio line. Then keep dragging each one and placing it adjoining the others if you have more than one. Save the production as a DMSM file and then go to DVD builder for editing and making the DVD, and save it as a DMSD file.

(Sure would be nice if I could add an attachment of that particular screen for you. Sorry !) :D:huh::)

Each of the photos are not considered a Title, although you can add text to each of the photos if wanted.

Frank....

Thanks Frank. I'll look at the help areas for videowave and see what I can do. Thanks.

Say, do you think a person should upgrade to version 8? I have only had this one a year and hate to spend extra money if I don't really have to.

Just wondering

Well, upgrading to EMC 8 is entirely up to you but I would suggest that you might want to wait a while longer till you get more used to version 7.x There are a lot more things that can be done with version 8 after reading some of the posts regarding it and reading other material. However, I do not own it yet and for me it's a matter of what I want in a program. That has been satisfied quite well with my versions 7 & 7.5.

If there are some functions that you really have need for and version 8 has them and 7.x does not, then by all means go for it. And good luck on working with either version. EMC is a powerful program that never ceases to amaze me as to all the things it can do !!

Frank....

Well, upgrading to EMC 8 is entirely up to you but I would suggest that you might want to wait a while longer till you get more used to version 7.x There are a lot more things that can be done with version 8 after reading some of the posts regarding it and reading other material. However, I do not own it yet and for me it's a matter of what I want in a program. That has been satisfied quite well with my versions 7 & 7.5.

If there are some functions that you really have need for and version 8 has them and 7.x does not, then by all means go for it. And good luck on working with either version. EMC is a powerful program that never ceases to amaze me as to all the things it can do !!

Frank....

I have version 8 and I agree with Frank. Use your 7.x for awhile before considering an upgrade. If version 7 is meeting all your needs, stick with that. If not, then look at V8 to determine if it will do for you what version 7 won't.

If at some point you want to upgrade to V8, I would suggest the Deluxe version. The Dazzle device aside, it has all the features of version 7 and quite a bit more. I know it is easy for me to say since it is not my money, but I think you will not be satisfied with anything less. Here is a link to the three different versions and a version comparision chart.

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/emc/famil...XVI5ECQAMYVRVQQ

Good luck and enjoy making your videos. :)

Archived