• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The Certificate File Is Missing Or Has Been Corrupted

DeeJoshy

Question

After I install Roxio EMC 10 and I try to run it (after the restart, of course) I get this message:

The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please re-install it.

Does anybody know how to fix this? The message means absolutely nothing to me.

I am running Vista Basic on a Lenovo laptop.

Naturally I tried reinstalling the program, which takes over one hour each time, and got the exact same result. I also cleaned up the registry with a registry tool after removing Roxio, then I reinstalled it. That accomplished nothing, too.

It's absolutely maddening that this product won't install without me having to bother you all.

Dave

6 answers to this question

I too am getting this message after several cycles of a CLEAN install. Yes - I even printed the install and crossed out each step as I completed it :rolleyes:

DeeJoshy - have you managed to resolve this or point me in the right direction?

EMC 10.02 Blu-Ray Premier

I had this happen on an older version.

What I did was go into the registry and search on Roxio.I deleted all the entries I found.After that it installed ok.

Be careful!!!!!

If you're unsure how to do this don't attempt it.Also Export the registry first in case of a problem.

This will disable all Roxio software on your machine.

Another thing to try is do a search on your hard drive for Certificate.On mine it finds 2 folders associated with Roxio.If you find something delete it and try again to install.

Another thing to try is do a search on your hard drive for Certificate.On mine it finds 2 folders associated with Roxio.If you find something delete it and try again to install.

OK here's a really stupid question..is it actually called "Certificate" or would I need to search for some obscure file name?

OK found the folders with .rcx files.

After I install Roxio EMC 10 and I try to run it (after the restart, of course) I get this message:

The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please re-install it.

Does anybody know how to fix this? The message means absolutely nothing to me.

I am running Vista Basic on a Lenovo laptop.

Naturally I tried reinstalling the program, which takes over one hour each time, and got the exact same result. I also cleaned up the registry with a registry tool after removing Roxio, then I reinstalled it. That accomplished nothing, too.

It's absolutely maddening that this product won't install without me having to bother you all.

Dave

Follow the clean install instructions, and don't skip any step.

Make sure that you have disabled all the junk you have running at startup, before you install.

Getting the exact same message a year later and Roxio provides no notes on what this is.

Vista Business - two days wasted on this - Where is the "clean install procedures"? Removed and reinstalled 4 times. Going to buy Nero if I don't get a solid answer in a day. This is absurd.

HELP!!!

As none of us here work for Roxio or Sonic, what you do, what you buy or what you use is of no consequence, so threats are pointless

However, if you had looked at the pinned posts at the top of this board you would have found the following

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=27803

Archived