• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Limitations

rony2

Question

6 answers to this question

Right, but you didn't find this out until you tried to create the DVD. THEN you got the error message. I spent considerable time creating a slideshow only to find this out later. I didn't want to be surprised like this again. That is why I asked if limitations were published anywhere.

V6 Builder had a limit of 99 slides in a slideshow, unless you added One transition! Then the limit went away.

This was explained in the pop-up error message…

It was only found in V6.

Right, but you didn't find this out until you tried to create the DVD. THEN you got the error message. I spent considerable time creating a slideshow only to find this out later. I didn't want to be surprised like this again. That is why I asked if limitations were published anywhere.

They are not published anywhere, because there aren't any, unless you use Slideshow Assistant.

The number of chapters is only limited by the DVD standard which , I think, is 99 chapters. I'm not sure how many menus can be nested.

The number of slides is determined by the project settings and the duration of each slide. For example at the best quality, you get one hour of video/slideshow. If you set each slide for 10 seconds, that would be 360 slides (6 slides/min X 60 min). Adding background music shouldn't affect that much.

Thanks but I would like to know all limitations. While using DVD Creator 6, spent a lot of time creating a slideshow. When I went to create the DVD it told me that I exceeded the maximium numver of slides. I want to avoid that again so would like to know all limitations.

The number of chapters is only limited by the DVD standard which , I think, is 99 chapters. I'm not sure how many menus can be nested.

The number of slides is determined by the project settings and the duration of each slide. For example at the best quality, you get one hour of video/slideshow. If you set each slide for 10 seconds, that would be 360 slides (6 slides/min X 60 min). Adding background music shouldn't affect that much.

Archived