• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mail-in Rebate - Can You Believe This?

carlkra

Question

I have EMC v7 and was considering upgrading to v8 on-line. I was flabbergasted to see that Roxio wanted to charge me $20 more than the advertised price and then mail me a rebate! Has anyone ever seen a more stupid idea than including a snail-mail process in an on-line electronic sale?

The value proposition for buying on-line is convenience. Adding this hassle to the process tells me that Roxio doesn't want me as a customer. So I obliged them and canceled the purchase.

Carl K

4 answers to this question

I-line electronic sale?

The value proposition for buying on-line is convenience. Adding this hassle to the process tells me that Roxio doesn't want me as a customer. So I obliged them and canceled the purchase.

Carl K

I also didn't like the rebate situation. I chose to buy the program on Ebay. I found a seller who had a buy now price of I think $49 or make an offer. He had about 22 to sell. I offered $38 which to my surprise, he accepted. With $6.95 shipping added to it...total cost was $44.95. The person selling was legit. Got my program in about 3 days. You might try checking Ebay...you might get a better deal.

I have EMC v7 and was considering upgrading to v8 on-line. I was flabbergasted to see that Roxio wanted to charge me $20 more than the advertised price and then mail me a rebate! Has anyone ever seen a more stupid idea than including a snail-mail process in an on-line electronic sale?

Carl K

You should provide a link to where you saw this. I did not see it.

BTW, I don't believe what you are saying is true.

When you say "advertised price", was that Roxio's retail advertised price or someone elses advertised price ? I would also like to see the "Roxio" add for this. Hard to believe that Roxio would increase the normal advertised price for EMC 8 and then offer a rebate to take care of the "upped" price !!! :)

Frank...

This may be what's being mentioned:

Roxio store

The BIG type (page prior to link) says $79.95. The little type says AFTER mail in rebate.

Anyhow, on the link page, it looks like you place your order and pay $99.95 (Visa/MC) and then they mail you a mail-in rebate form for the $20.

I guess the point is: since this is being done online, why involve snail-mail at all?

Just DO $79.95 and be done with it.

Maybe it's a tax-thing?

Archived