• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
fff89

Name Of Lyrics And Artists Are Not Beeing Burned In Cd!

I can "download" from CDDB, information from the cd y want to burn, but when y finish the

process (burn the cd) the names aren't there. How can y do it? My version of the program

does have this feature?

I can "download" from CDDB, information from the cd y want to burn, but when y finish the

process (burn the cd) the names aren't there. How can y do it? My version of the program

does have this feature?

I am assuming you are creating an Audio CD?

I copied this from the old boards:

==========================================

Audio CD History 101

by Digital Gury d_deweywright wrote

Unfortunately, your expectations are a little high, so it must be time for: CD History 101

Back when CDs were first created, around 1980, the Red Book specifications were the only thing around, which defined Audio CDs. The only CD players were standalone players, which played these discs which used 44.1Ksps (samples per second) 16 bit samples, and two channels (stereo). Music data was delivered at 150KBps (1X). That was it. There was no such thing as a CD-ROM (Data) CD, nor anything to read it. (The original IBM PC didn't come out till 1981.) The concept of CD-Text wasn't even a flicker in someone's disturbed mind.

After the PC came out, the diskette was the removable media of choice, first 5.25", then 3.5" as files and programs got bigger. A larger removable media format was needed, and the CD-ROM Data specification (Orange Book) was defined. But still the concept of compressed audio didn't exist. If you wanted to compress your audio, you had to reduce the sample size, or reduce the sample rate, significantly reducing the quality.

Along came file sharing, and then, a means of compressing/encoding audio to not lose so much information came along. Now that people weren't necessarily dealing with a whole CD/Albums worth of songs, a way of "tagging" files to include the artist, title and track information for each song was invented.

But back to Audio CDs. Someone found a few extra bits and bytes where track, title and artist information could be held too, but only one title and artist. It was called, CD-Text.

So, there simply isn't any specification nor space for all the MP3 tag information on a "Standard" Audio CD like you want. You can make a data CD full of .MP3 files and keep all your tag information, but not an Audio CD, playable on any CD player. The Audio CD format simply wasn't designed, 25 years ago, with that in mind.

Thus endeth the sermon.

===========================

So it has nothing to do with the fact you have a 1998 program. Newer ones won't do it either.

If you are making an mp3 CD, of course, that is a different question, but I'm not sure ECDC 4 could do that. (other than that mp3 discs are basicly a Data disc with an m3u file)

Lynn

does have this feature?

The information about names that you have in your project could well be there, and might now be written on your CD.

If your drive is CD-Text capable, and you burn in DAO mode, and you have CD text checked in the burn dialog, then it WILL be there.

The problem is that not many player programs can see CD-Text when it is written on the CD.

A small and simple player which will show you if CD-Text has been written on the CD, is the HACP player.

It's free, and you can get it by clicking here or many other places on the Internet.

Run one of your CDs in that player, and see if the text was written.

Thank you both, now y understand that the information that y see when put some

CDs to play in Media Playr or other , is always downloaded from the program and its in my computer, independent of the CD. Am I right???

Yes, Media Player checks the Internet for a CD which matches the one you have in the drive, and if it finds one then the program displays information off the Internet database.

The album and artist information Media Player shows is not read off the CD.