Making Dvd's For Stand Alone Players Hooked To Tv.

gpeterden01

Question

After using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 to make a DVD, I am unable to play it in my DVD play hooked to my TV. When I put the DVD disk in to the player it says "NO DISK", but it will play on my DVD play in my computer . What could I be doing wrong? I tried making one under MyDVD and does the same thing. How can I make a DVD Video that will play in my stand alone player hooked to my TV?

Thanks,

Gregg

4 answers to this question

After using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 to make a DVD, I am unable to play it in my DVD play hooked to my TV. When I put the DVD disk in to the player it says "NO DISK", but it will play on my DVD play in my computer . What could I be doing wrong? I tried making one under MyDVD and does the same thing. How can I make a DVD Video that will play in my stand alone player hooked to my TV?

Thanks,

Gregg

Make sure your burning a video disc and go here and search your player for disc compatibility.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

cdanteek

Thanks,

Gregg

Usually that means that your set top DVD player does not like the media you are using. Change brands and/or type of media.

What is the standard that a store bought DVD movie is made in? The model set top DVD Player that I have doesn't support any DVD's only CDR, CDRW and VCD according to the web site above, but it plays DVD's that I buy, why is that?

Could you list your make/model of set top DVD player? Perhaps we can then tell you what kind of DVDs you can use for that player. I can't believe that any "newer" DVD player will only play commercial DVDs.

Archived