Capture Using Pass Thru Device

drstieg

Question

I have EMC 8. I am trying to capture video from vcr , passing thru sony dcr-trv-830 sony digital 8 camcorder. I set up digital 8 with blank tape in it, have vcr and digital 8 in play mode. In order to get vcr image in the preview screen in media import I have to have both machines playing. I can then push stop on the digital 8 and the preview in media import still shows the vcr image. As soon as I click the capture now button, that again starts the digital 8 camcorder and the preview image freezes, I get no moving image from the vcr. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

2 answers to this question

I have EMC 8. I am trying to capture video from vcr , passing thru sony dcr-trv-830 sony digital 8 camcorder. I set up digital 8 with blank tape in it, have vcr and digital 8 in play mode. In order to get vcr image in the preview screen in media import I have to have both machines playing. I can then push stop on the digital 8 and the preview in media import still shows the vcr image. As soon as I click the capture now button, that again starts the digital 8 camcorder and the preview image freezes, I get no moving image from the vcr. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I have not done it, because I do not have the equipment, but I seen other posts saying when the digital camcorder starts again, stop it, and EMC 8 should continue capturing what is coming from the VCR.

Press CAPTURE

wait for the tape to start and then press stop on the camcorder

you should then be capturing the pass-through

Media Import wants to control the tape, but it doesn't recognize that you have physically stopped the tape. I normally use a digital tape that has something on it or just black. Makes it easier to edit out later. This works with my TRV740 digital 8 camcorder.

Archived