Sign in to follow this  
BarbaraInMemphis

Internet Connection

Question

I hope I'm asking this in the correct forum. I have the DVD add-on for PhotoShow 4.5. I'm using Windows xp. When trying to burn a DVD, twice, it gets very close to finishing but then a message pops up that "a connection to the internet" wasn't available & it quit. Sooooo, I have to restart it & since I have almost 400 pix in the show, it takes another 3 hours. I was connected through Firefox although I had disconnected from AOL. Why does it need an internet connection anyway?

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

I hope I'm asking this in the correct forum. I have the DVD add-on for PhotoShow 4.5. I'm using Windows xp. When trying to burn a DVD, twice, it gets very close to finishing but then a message pops up that "a connection to the internet" wasn't available & it quit. Sooooo, I have to restart it & since I have almost 400 pix in the show, it takes another 3 hours. I was connected through Firefox although I had disconnected from AOL. Why does it need an internet connection anyway?

Thank you.

I have seen this error when using custom MP3s. PhotoShow may have temporarily lost track of the file. Please try to remove all music and watch the show. If it plays well, put the music back on. Then try to export it as a video file. If this also works, try to burn another DVD.

I have seen this error when using custom MP3s. PhotoShow may have temporarily lost track of the file. Please try to remove all music and watch the show. If it plays well, put the music back on. Then try to export it as a video file. If this also works, try to burn another DVD.

Thanks. It successfully burned the second time. It's just irritating to be so close & then to have to start it all over. Oh well, such is life.

Just out of curiosity, why does it need an internet connection?

Presumably because one of its main functions is photo sharing online?

Thanks. It successfully burned the second time. It's just irritating to be so close & then to have to start it all over. Oh well, such is life.

Again this is a rare case where that specific Show looses tack of the audio.

If PhotoShow cannot find the custom MP3, it tries to find the music on the PhotoShow servers. Clearing out the audio and replacing it will usually solve this problem.