Projects From Emc 7.5 To Emc 8

boqua

Question

I just upgraded to EMC 8 and want to run my projects from EMC 7.5 in EMC 8. I have tried everything I can to get it to work and it won’t. Everything from my own dvd projects to my cd projects. When I went from EMC 7.5 to EMC 8 did I lose it?

Rod

10 answers to this question

Your original posts were not in upper case but when you start posting things like

"I GUESS NOBODY CARES"

in upper case, how would a reasonable and experienced person respond if they were reading someone else's post. You could have just posted in a larger font or with a simple statement apologizing for the upper case. I'm sure you know that upper case is universally read as yelling.

Now having said that, did you read the rest of my post? There are some things that cannot be opened in V8 if they were made in V7/7.5. That's the way it is; talk to Roxio Technical Service if you want to complain.

YOU ARE READING MORE INTO THAT STATEMENT THEN THERE WAS. YOU ARE PRE-JUDGEING. I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE IT HELPS ME TO SEE. SOMETIMES I USE A WORD PROCESSOR TO TYPE OUT THING AND IT SHOWS IN UNCAPS. BUT IT ALLOWS ME TO SEE IT. IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT THINK THAT WAY. THEY NEED TO NOT PRE-JUDGE. IF YOU STILL THINK THE WAY YOU DO, SORRY, SOME PEOPLE AREN'T AS LUCKY. TO ALL OTHERS OUT THERE, SORRY FOR THE WAY I TYPE. I DO APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP THAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO GIVE.

NOT IF YOU ARE YELLING AT US ! :)

Go back to 7.5 and finish the projects (you can have both versions on your computer.) Start any new projects using V8. Not everything is backwards compatable both in audio (change in Creator Classic) and video (transitions, the way the program handles rendering).

By the way, as you know, this is not Roxio Tech Support. We are not required to respond to your questions and like the old saying goes, it is easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar -- meaning be nice on the board and people will respond.

I GUESS NOBODY CARES.

THEN WHY IS IT, WHEN I GO TO THE FILE USING ROXIO THAT HAS THE PROJECT IN IT, IT DOESN’T SHOW IT? WHEN I USE MY COMPUTER AND I GO TO THE FILE THAT HAS THE PROJECT IN IT, IT SHOWS THAT IT IS THERE? I CAN CLICK ON THE ONE IN MY COMPUTER AND IT WILL BRING IT UP BUT NOT WITH ALL OF THE DATA, PICKS AND SOUNDS. IN ROXIO 7.5 ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS GO TO OPEN PROJECT AND GO TO THE FILE THAT HAS THE PROJECT IN IT AND OPEN IT AND IT ALSO SHOULD IT BEING IN THE FILE LOCATION. I HAVE, SHOW ALL FILE FORMATS CHECKED. MAYBE I AM MISSING SOMETHING BUT I HAVE TRIED EVERY WHY IT WILL LET ME DO IT.

ROD

YOU ARE READING MORE INTO THAT STATEMENT THEN THERE WAS. YOU ARE PRE-JUDGEING. I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE IT HELPS ME TO SEE. SOMETIMES I USE A WORD PROCESSOR TO TYPE OUT THING AND IT SHOWS IN UNCAPS. BUT IT ALLOWS ME TO SEE IT. IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT THINK THAT WAY. THEY NEED TO NOT PRE-JUDGE. IF YOU STILL THINK THE WAY YOU DO, SORRY, SOME PEOPLE AREN'T AS LUCKY. TO ALL OTHERS OUT THERE, SORRY FOR THE WAY I TYPE. I DO APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP THAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO GIVE.

Archived