• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Joe Kenny

Problem Capturing Video

Question

Hi;

Im having the same problem running Video capture as well. I am using a VCR connected to a Dazzle DVC 100 and connected via USB to the CPU. And, as mentioned in a prior response, I did try the USB ports in the back with no luck. The problem is identical to "Cluelesstwo". After 4 seconds of capture time the application hangs.

Here is my system information

Compaq Presario 1000z

AMD 3200+ 2.2 GHZ

704 MB Ram

Dazzle DVC100 audio/video

VIA S3G/Unichrome IPG graphics chip set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

4 answers to this question

The only common thing I can see besides the problem is you're both using a chipset and not a card.

Make sure you've gone to Pinnacles site and download and install the latest Vista drivers.

I use the 100 in both Xp and Vista and it works just fine.

The Via chipset is totally underpowered for EMC10 as far as any video work goes.

I fully sympathise (I have one on my laptop and know better than to even think about graphics rendering on that)

After 4 seconds of capture time the application hangs.
I know the DVC90 had a problem with certain USB chipsets and Pinnacle was recommending PCI cards with 'NEC' chips. I wonder if the DVC100 has a similar problem.

Hi;

Im having the same problem running Video capture as well. I am using a VCR connected to a Dazzle DVC 100 and connected via USB to the CPU. And, as mentioned in a prior response, I did try the USB ports in the back with no luck. The problem is identical to "Cluelesstwo". After 4 seconds of capture time the application hangs.

Here is my system information

Compaq Presario 1000z

AMD 3200+ 2.2 GHZ

704 MB Ram

Dazzle DVC100 audio/video

VIA S3G/Unichrome IPG graphics chip set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Terry,

You hit it on the head. HP had an update for the chipset. I loaded it and the problem went from locking up in 4 seconds to about 50 seconds. So, the problem is with the underpowered chipset. I appreciate all the help/suggestions you have all posted. Thanks.

Joe