• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"infamous" Result Code 18774

makrhod

Question

Hello. I've searched high and low for the answer to this, and all I found are references to how well-known this code is ... but no actual explanation or work-around. Apparently it is so well-known that these aren't needed. :)

However, I'm not a tech sort of person, so I would greatly appreciate any information, and a solution would be even better!

I'm running Titanium 6.1 on a G5 iMac with OS10.4.5 and mostly it works very well indeed. I've burned loads of data DVD's with no problems, as well as video DVD's of TV/satellite programs via EyeTV 1.8.5 . I've also converted a lot of my old VHS to DVD (again using EyeTV). But sometimes (like today), it just won't do it. :huh:

All goes well, the programme gets saved as an mpg, and transfers itself to Toast, appearing in the recording window etc. Then I click Record, and get the above result code about "a problem with the source media".

What does that mean, and is there a way around it? Any help would be wonderful. Thank you very much.

5 answers to this question

Well I started again and re-recorded it, sending it straight to Toast instead of saving first as an mpg file. It all looked good, and Toast did its "multiplexing" thing, but as soon as that was finished, up popped the error message again.

Any clues?

Since this happens at the very end, use the editor in EyeTV to trim off the last second or two of the MPEG and try again.

I have experienced this error and it turns up when there is a problem with the MPEG file. The only fix is to either edit out the problem area (i.e. with MPEG Streamclip) or create a new MPEG file. If you can't create a new MPEG file from the source video you can try having Toast (or MPEG Streamclip or other application) export the MPEG as a DV or full-quality QuickTime movie and then have Toast encode an MPEG from that exported video.

A quick search of Roxio's knowledge base found this article:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/ET6000099

Thank you debit72. :)

Yes I found that as well, but as its opening line was "This usually means that you are dragging in a VIDEO_TS folder" and this did not apply to my situation, I was stumped.

The only fix is to either edit out the problem area (i.e. with MPEG Streamclip)
Thank you as well, tsantee. :huh:

I don't have that programme, and would not know where to look for the problem area, so I will just try re-recording it from the beginning. I already tried re-exporting it from Eye-TV and creating a new MPEG file (twice), and got the same error each time. :D

I am not optimistic that another recording will succeed, so if anyone else has any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Well I started again and re-recorded it, sending it straight to Toast instead of saving first as an mpg file. It all looked good, and Toast did its "multiplexing" thing, but as soon as that was finished, up popped the error message again.

Any clues?

Archived