• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Titanium Won't Launch On My New Mac

ronbraxley

Question

Greetings,

I've just upgraded my system to OS10.4 and a G-5. I installed my copy of TT5 on the machine. The installation looked successful, but Toast will not launch. The launch process starts, but then the app just disappears. I could not find a plist file.

FWIW, the other apps which were also installed (Discus, Spin Doctor, etc.) will launch.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron B

Office of Information Technology

UGA College of Education

3 answers to this question

I have a similar but slightly different problem and was hoping I'd find my answer here.

I haven't upgraded my computer or my system (PowerBook G4/OS X 10.3.9). The only changes I've made lately are to upgrade to Firefox 1.5.0.4 (weeks ago) and this morning I upgraded QuickTime, I think, in response to an "automatic upgrade" screen.

Today Toast Titanium 5.1.4 won't launch. Looks like it's gonna, but then ...

Any suggestions?

I have a similar but slightly different problem and was hoping I'd find my answer here.

I haven't upgraded my computer or my system (PowerBook G4/OS X 10.3.9). The only changes I've made lately are to upgrade to Firefox 1.5.0.4 (weeks ago) and this morning I upgraded QuickTime, I think, in response to an "automatic upgrade" screen.

Today Toast Titanium 5.1.4 won't launch. Looks like it's gonna, but then ...

Any suggestions?

It's curious that you didn't at least update to version 5.2.3 by now. Unfortunately, Roxio has ceased support for Toast 5 so it's probably time to put the old version to rest (or run it via OS 9 - not Classic).

Archived