Sign in to follow this  
Nightmare

No Picture When Playing Dvds

Question

I have the Roxio Creater 9 Home edition. When I put a DVD (Original) into the DVD player, I get the options to play the DVD but when I hit the play button, I get only the sound and no picture. I have checked the settings and I am unable to correct the problem.

On a related subject, when I use WMP to play the DVD, the picture comes up but at like 10X speed and I can not slow it down, but there is no sound.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I have the Roxio Creater 9 Home edition. When I put a DVD (Original) into the DVD player, I get the options to play the DVD but when I hit the play button, I get only the sound and no picture. I have checked the settings and I am unable to correct the problem.

On a related subject, when I use WMP to play the DVD, the picture comes up but at like 10X speed and I can not slow it down, but there is no sound.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

No clue on how to fix it, because you gave no information on what you did, and what program you used to do it. :blink:

No clue on how to fix it, because you gave no information on what you did, and what program you used to do it. :blink:

Thought that I gave the information. The DVD player was the embedded Roxio EMC9 player "CinePlayer".

I put the DVD into the DVD player.

CinePlayer starts.

I hit the play button.

I hear sound but get no picture.

I close the program and come here and hope to get help. :)

Next:

I put the DVD into the player.

I open Windows Media Player to play the DVD.

The DVD starts to play at about 10x times normal speed and I can not slow it down.

I hear no sound.

???

Thought that I gave the information. The DVD player was the embedded Roxio EMC9 player "CinePlayer".

CinePlayer starts.

I hit the play button.

Next:

The DVD starts to play at about 10x times normal speed and I can not slow it down.

I hear no sound.

???

So the problem is just w/ the CinePlayer not working properly, and not w/ a DVD you created using EMC10?

Edit If so, try the repair option you should have for the Roxio Cineplayer (decoder pack?) and see if this helps.

Edited by Syrallas

CinePlayer starts.

I hit the play button.

Next:

I hear no sound.

???

That would pretty much say that the DVD is not good. What kind of DVD is it?

So the problem is just w/ the CinePlayer not working properly, and not w/ a DVD you created using EMC10?

Edit If so, try the repair option you should have for the Roxio Cineplayer (decoder pack?) and see if this helps.

Its a blockbustre DVD that I rented and not something that I made.

Did try a repair with no success so I uninstalled the entire package and re-installed it. No change.

That would pretty much say that the DVD is not good. What kind of DVD is it?

DVD is just fine. Works on my Dell computer and my regular DVD player.

Tried two DVDs with the same results. The Bucket List and Weeds.

Both give no picture using CinePlayer but sound is great. And when using Windows Media Player, the sound is gone but the picture plays at very fast speed and I can not sync it to run properly in WMP.

DVD/CD player in the computer works great when I make disk and then play them. Music, video, picture, etc....

Its just regular DVDs that you get at the store that I have problems with. All CODECs are up to date.

I'm stumped!

Its a blockbustre DVD that I rented and not something that I made.

Did try a repair with no success so I uninstalled the entire package and re-installed it. No change.

DVD is just fine. Works on my Dell computer and my regular DVD player.

Tried two DVDs with the same results. The Bucket List and Weeds.

Both give no picture using CinePlayer but sound is great. And when using Windows Media Player, the sound is gone but the picture plays at very fast speed and I can not sync it to run properly in WMP.

DVD/CD player in the computer works great when I make disk and then play them. Music, video, picture, etc....

Its just regular DVDs that you get at the store that I have problems with. All CODECs are up to date.

I'm stumped!

It may be the video acceleration issue that has been discussed elsewhere. Make changes in two places. I'm going to assume that you are using XP

1) Windows> Start> Settings>Control Panel> Select Cineplayer DVD Decoder go to the Video Tab and uncheck both options.

2) Open CinePlayer. Click on the wrench icon and then select the video tab. Uncheck video acceleration.

What video card/chip do you have and have you updated the drivers for it lately?

It may be the video acceleration issue that has been discussed elsewhere. Make changes in two places. I'm going to assume that you are using XP

1) Windows> Start> Settings>Control Panel> Select Cineplayer DVD Decoder go to the Video Tab and uncheck both options.

2) Open CinePlayer. Click on the wrench icon and then select the video tab. Uncheck video acceleration.

What video card/chip do you have and have you updated the drivers for it lately?

BINGO! on the video acceleration. Problem solved in CinePlayer but still the same problem with WMP which I really don't care about as I only use WMP for my music.

Thanks so much for all the assistance. I am once again reminded of just how small and tiny a problem can be to cause such a headache.

This place and the Guru's here (as well as everyone else that tries to help) rocks :D !

BINGO! on the video acceleration. Problem solved in CinePlayer but still the same problem with WMP which I really don't care about as I only use WMP for my music.

Thanks so much for all the assistance. I am once again reminded of just how small and tiny a problem can be to cause such a headache.

This place and the Guru's here (as well as everyone else that tries to help) rocks :D !

Glad that solved the issue.

Some of us are a little older so we don't rock but we do wobble a little !