• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator De + Dvd's

rantsey

Question

I made a video with my sony camcorder of my daughter's dance practice. I imported the video and saved it to a location in my "my videos" folder. I then opened Roxio and added this file and burned it on a DVD+R. No problem. Showed fine on pc.....went home and put it in the dvd player and received an error message. At the same time of burning the first one, I burned one using Windows Movie Maker and it would not play either....

Am I missing some setting or am I using the wrong DVD....windows movie maker would only allow me to burn to a cd not dvd even though it was a movie so I didn't expect too much when I tried to play that one.

My daughter is performing on a cruise ship with her dance class and has ALOT of individual practice to do at home so any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!

Also-if this is repetitive - I apologize. This is my 1st posting to this forum :)

7 answers to this question

What application was used to burn DVD? It sounds like the video was burnt as a data file and hence you were able to play on PC.

I think I did choose data - not sure what else to choose from as I could not "copy" a dvd....What should I choose? Thanks!!!

I think I did choose data - not sure what else to choose from as I could not "copy" a dvd....What should I choose? Thanks!!!

What is the full name of the program you are using to burn the DVD? A data DVD will definitely not play in a DVD player. You are posting in DVDit Pro HD, is that the program you are using?

This is in my "about Roxio"

Creator DE

Serial Number:

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 4.4.48a, 22

Module Name: Roxio Central Core

Version: 3.7.0

Build: 370B16B, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Tools

Build: 370B04B, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Data

Build: 370B06A, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Copy

Build: 370B05A, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio

Build: 370B05A, DLD

And YES, I believe I posted this in the wrong place-I'M SORRY!!!! Am I able to move it???

I don't think DE version of the product includes any Video apps like MyDVD, Videowave required to author a DVD. It would be recommended to upgrade to full functional version of EMC 10 :)

Thank you for your help - now let me go see what that costs.....

Archived