Video Hangs Between Transitions

apcipriano

Question

I'm sure this has been asked already but I'm having real difficulty editing a video between frames using the transition "disolve." For some reason, the video just "hangs" for a moment and then starts after the transition is passed between frames. My computer is a Dell Vostro 1500 Core Duo laptop with 2 gigs memory, an 8600 Nividia GForce with L2 cache, 256 mb video memory card and 160 gig hard drive. For this edi, I downloaded my dv tapes (5) to the hard drive instead of downloading them to outboard Maxtor powered hard drives. Is this a trait of Version 9? I've been a regular user of version 7.5 for years and never had this problem. The only reason I've switched is because version 7.5 won't edit in widescreen. Otherwise, I'd be editing with this "proven." software. Any ideas as to how to correct this problem? Thanks anyone!

Anthony

5 answers to this question

I'm sure this has been asked already but I'm having real difficulty editing a video between frames using the transition "disolve." For some reason, the video just "hangs" for a moment and then starts after the transition is passed between frames. My computer is a Dell Vostro 1500 Core Duo laptop with 2 gigs memory, an 8600 Nividia GForce with L2 cache, 256 mb video memory card and 160 gig hard drive. For this edi, I downloaded my dv tapes (5) to the hard drive instead of downloading them to outboard Maxtor powered hard drives. Is this a trait of Version 9? I've been a regular user of version 7.5 for years and never had this problem. The only reason I've switched is because version 7.5 won't edit in widescreen. Otherwise, I'd be editing with this "proven." software. Any ideas as to how to correct this problem? Thanks anyone!

Anthony

What program, in the suite, are you using? You should be using VideoWave.

Click on Tools, then Options, and change to Software, for render. See if that makes a difference.

What program, in the suite, are you using? You should be using VideoWave.

Click on Tools, then Options, and change to Software, for render. See if that makes a difference.

I am editing in VideoWave. I tried your suggestion and found that I am editing in "software" mode. It doesn't make any difference. The video is choppy when going between frames using the "dissolve" transition. Also, I can't find any controls in the text effects to make the text fade in and out like I could in version 7.5. Any suggestions? As for the choppy video, any other possibillties? Thanks guy.

Anthony

I am editing in VideoWave. I tried your suggestion and found that I am editing in "software" mode. It doesn't make any difference. The video is choppy when going between frames using the "dissolve" transition. Also, I can't find any controls in the text effects to make the text fade in and out like I could in version 7.5. Any suggestions? As for the choppy video, any other possibillties? Thanks guy.

Anthony

Have you looked under settings for text? there are lots of effects available including all sorts of fades

Archived