• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Wrong Photo Used As Icon For Show

Jim Reed

Question

I uploaded two shows without incident, but the third show I uploaded to photoshow.com had the wrong photo used to represent the show. If I right-click on the photo, it is identified as show_icon.jpg. The first two shows, when uploaded, used the first shot in the show as the show_icon.jpg, but the third show used a photo from the middle of the show -- and it just happened to my own photo! It makes me look silly to have my own picture used as the icon. B)

How do I change this?

When I look at the show on my computer, it looks fine, and the icon is OK, too. But, when it is uploaded, my photo gets slapped on instead of the first image in the show.

Please advise.

-- Jim Reed

6 answers to this question

I uploaded two shows without incident, but the third show I uploaded to photoshow.com had the wrong photo used to represent the show. If I right-click on the photo, it is identified as show_icon.jpg. The first two shows, when uploaded, used the first shot in the show as the show_icon.jpg, but the third show used a photo from the middle of the show -- and it just happened to my own photo! It makes me look silly to have my own picture used as the icon. B)

How do I change this?

When I look at the show on my computer, it looks fine, and the icon is OK, too. But, when it is uploaded, my photo gets slapped on instead of the first image in the show.

Please advise.

-- Jim Reed

Jim: Here's an answer to your question that I found in Help.

PhotoShow Info Dialog Box

Use the PhotoShow Info dialog box to change the name and other information associated with a PhotoShow.

There are two ways to access the PhotoShow Info dialog box:

1. From the Manage tab, right-click on a PhotoShow. Select Info from the drop-down menu.

Or

Select a PhotoShow. Click the Options button. Choose Info... from the drop-down menu.

The PhotoShow Info dialog box displays.

2. To select a different thumbnail photo, or Show icon, click the Change Icon button. Photos in your PhotoShow are displayed in the Choose Folder Icon dialog box. Select the photo you want and click Open. The selected photo is displayed.

Use the PhotoShow Info dialog box to change the name and other information associated with a PhotoShow.

1. From the Manage tab, right-click on a PhotoShow. Select Info from the drop-down menu.

Or

Select a PhotoShow. Click the Options button. Choose Info... from the drop-down menu.

2. To select a different thumbnail photo, or Show icon, click the Change Icon button. Photos in your PhotoShow are displayed in the Choose Folder Icon dialog box. Select the photo you want and click Open. The selected photo is displayed.

Thanks very much. I'll give it a go.

We're pretty much on our own here, huh.

--Jim

Or

This works in the photoshow 5 version, but not in Roxio. I have this problem in the Roxio software update that was provided when I paid the subscription fee for the next year. I posted the question on line about this, but have yet to hear an answer.

JIM: DID YOU EVER GET AN ANSWER ON THIS???

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM 2 OUT OF 3 TIMES.

IS THERE DOCUMENTATION ON THIS PROGRAM

SOMEHWERE ONLINE?

I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS!! :blink:

No, there seems to be no company support for these forums. Roxio must be about to go under.

Archived