Output With Dissolve Transition

Tobp

Question

I'm using VideoWave to create mpegs of my home movies. I add several movies with dissolve transitions into VideoWave. When I output, I see the encoding for the transition, but then the encoding screen goes grey with "mpeg" on it. I've found in the forum that this means the video doesn't need to be encoded, it's fine as is.

The problem is when I burn it to DVD and view it, the quality of the encoded portions and non-encoded portions of the video is very different. Is there any way to force the output to encode the entire thing so the quality is the same?

6 answers to this question

Try the Software Render as Gary has suggested.

IF that doesn't give you the best results, please outline in detail the steps from where you get the source to where you click Burn.

I'll try the software render, and if that doesn't work, I'll get you the details of what I'm doing. Thanks!

I'm using VideoWave to create mpegs of my home movies. I add several movies with dissolve transitions into VideoWave. When I output, I see the encoding for the transition, but then the encoding screen goes grey with "mpeg" on it. I've found in the forum that this means the video doesn't need to be encoded, it's fine as is.

The problem is when I burn it to DVD and view it, the quality of the encoded portions and non-encoded portions of the video is very different. Is there any way to force the output to encode the entire thing so the quality is the same?

The portion where you see the 'puddle' is not encoded due to the fact that is already compliant.

If the quality is different it because the quality of the Source is poor to begin with. Trying to force the quality to a higher level will not improve anything and may actually degrade it farther!

The portion where you see the 'puddle' is not encoded due to the fact that is already compliant.

If the quality is different it because the quality of the Source is poor to begin with. Trying to force the quality to a higher level will not improve anything and may actually degrade it farther!

On an earlier output, for some reason, it encoded everything, and the quality was fine.

I'm not trying to force the quality higher, I just want the entire thing encoded so it is the same.

Archived