• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Suggestions On Cell Phone Service

sknis

Vell Phone Service  

14 members have voted

1. 1. I like this cell phone service provider

• ATT
    • Sprint/Nextel
    • Verizon/Alltel
    • Helio
    • T-Mobile
    • None of the above

My contract with ATT is about to run out. They have been OK but not spectacular and the reason I stayed with them was the ability to bundle services. The savings are now minimal.

I've been searching for the "best" cell phone provider and am confused with the service that is all inclusive. I live near Houston so phone service from any of the providers should be about equal.

I'm looking fot the best deal and one that provides reasonable customer service for phone/data/etc.

Please vote for one of these. Some of them use other people's networks.

I trust the people here more than some other rating sites ! :rolleyes:

I'm not a Sprint fan but let me tell you a very true story so current, it happened last night.

Our cruise to Alaska was partly on land and Sprint told us that since we were on the America Roaming plan, when we were on land in Alaska (read as America, not B.C.) we were good. My 16 year old did use the phone some on the ship and had to pony up $2.49 per minute to call his current love of his life. We got home, got a bill and we paid it. Last night I got my recent bill and it was for $1017 with over 300 minutes charged at $2.49. Now some of this was actual charges but I called and was told when we were on land, we may have been close to the ship and were using their transmitters. I told them I didn't travel to Alaska to get off the boat and stay that close to it and they were wrong. They then said, how do we know. I was about to give up when I was put on hold for 5 minutes. She then came back and told me my bill was $91 (normal). I offered to pay for some calls I knew were real but she told me it's a one time deal and I said 'thanks'.

So, I won't say bad things about Sprint for a long time. $900 discount is HUGE! I can only say that you need to check your bill closely as each and every company will get you for whatever they can and they do.

FWIW, I hear good things from many about Verizon.

Oh, I also know that if you call the Retention department and tell them you're leaving, you'll get a sweet deal. My brother does that at each contract ending and gets great deals.

We have Verizon and our family has 6 cell phones altogether. So far we are happy with the service. Line is clear even in New York tunnels.

Paul, I want to save a lot so can I befriend your brother? LOL!!!!

Be careful what you wish for Jess. :)

I have the "works" with Verizon, Steve (Home phone with unlimited minutes to all states "Freedon Esentials", Alaska Puerto Rico. Hawaii etc. and any time 7/24, and Internet--FIOS; and Cell phone. When I decided on the entire package (FIOS TV not included) I got a great deal. I have made calls from Hawaii, Alaska and several other states besides Calif. and have always been clear and non-interrupted. My vote is a commanding "YES" for Verizon.

Frank...

My wife & I have been w/ Verizon for a long while. 10+ years (I think it was Frontier when we first started? :unsure: ). Anyway, no problems w/ it, very few drops and no hassles getting "data" charges taken off my daughter's phone a few months in a row that showed up on the bill sent via a text-message spammer. Though not quite $900.00.... :lol:

My wife and I both use the Tracfone plan. Pay-as-you-go. Neither of us use the cell phone all that much, 400-600 minutes per year per phone usually does us, and that works out to about $10 a month per phone. Coverage seems to be good. I think they may use the Verizon network.

Guest RCD74

Just thought I would chime in. Our service is with AT&T also. I have found that depending on the area, it can be good or bad. When we lived 20 mins away from where we are now, we got hardly any reception in our house. Now, we have great reception where we live. People say that in our area, they prefer Verizon and have less dropped calls. It is hard to say which is better. I don't think you can go wrong with either one of these providers.

Rachel

Just thought I would chime in. Our service is with AT&T also. I have found that depending on the area, it can be good or bad. When we lived 20 mins away from where we are now, we got hardly any reception in our house. Now, we have great reception where we live. People say that in our area, they prefer Verizon and have less dropped calls. It is hard to say which is better. I don't think you can go wrong with either one of these providers.

Rachel

I currently use ATT and have not had any problems. I started out with Verizon as I initially got a cell phone through work and a sweet deal. Then they switched to ATT and still a good deal for my usage. I am not a phone talker so only use my phone for emergency purposes only. Since I only use about 10 of my 50 minutes/month I am considering going to a Pay as you Go but ATT is not a good deal there with their GO Phones so am looking and checking the other sources. As far as service both were great and never lost a call on either evenwhen traveling.

Archived