• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 10 Gifs

rutica

Question

In Powerpoint, I make presentations where I add small moving gifs to photos. For example, if I have a picture at the zoo, I add a small dancing monkey gif to my photo for fun.

Can I do this with VideoWave 10?

When I try to drag a gif onto a photo, it creates a new slide and the gif doesn't move--it is stationary. I can't figure out how to place the gif on top of the photo and to make the gif have motion.

Thanks,

i noticed when converting the gif to wmv, it only moves once. Ex: if my gif is of a monkey jumping up and down, the gif shows the monkey jumping up and down repeatedly until I close the gif.

But converting it to wmv, it only jumps up and down once and then stops.

Is there a way to loop the motion?

thanks,

In Powerpoint, I make presentations where I add small moving gifs to photos. For example, if I have a picture at the zoo, I add a small dancing monkey gif to my photo for fun.

Can I do this with VideoWave 10?

When I try to drag a gif onto a photo, it creates a new slide and the gif doesn't move--it is stationary. I can't figure out how to place the gif on top of the photo and to make the gif have motion.

Thanks,

I don't think EMC 10 accepts moving GIFs. You may have to convert the GIF into a video clip (avi,wmv or mpg) and add that.

BTW, you can't drag an image "unto" a photo, you have add it as an overlay.

thanks for writing back so quickly!

I guess I'll have to use a gif to avi convertor.

How do I add custom overlays? I know I can add Videowave's overlays by clicking on 'add overlay', but how do I add my own overlay?

thanks again.

thanks for writing back so quickly!

I guess I'll have to use a gif to avi convertor.

How do I add custom overlays? I know I can add Videowave's overlays by clicking on 'add overlay', but how do I add my own overlay?

thanks again.

Open Media Selector and drag a clip or photo to the overlay track. Then double click the overlay you just added to open the settings window to adjust the overlay.

Guest RCD74
Any ideas about removing the black from the wmvs?

Thanks

I noticed the same thing and with Karri's help, you will have to use the Chroma key in Videowave. Make sure your video is in the overlay track of the timeline view and highlighted. Go into settings and select chroma key. It will give you choices of colors. Go to the first selection and click on the dropper and place it over your video overlay in the preview screen. It will take all of that color away (or make it transparent) in your video. However, the downside is that it will also make anything of that color transparent in your video. I don't think there is a way around that. That is the best we could come up with. Sorry!!

Rachel

i noticed when converting the gif to wmv, it only moves once. Ex: if my gif is of a monkey jumping up and down, the gif shows the monkey jumping up and down repeatedly until I close the gif.

But converting it to wmv, it only jumps up and down once and then stops.

Is there a way to loop the motion?

thanks,

Convert that .gif to an .avi file, not .wmv.

Using Windows Movie Maker, it converts gifs to wmv.

Using Sonic, my father converted a gif to avi.

But both the wmv and the avi only plays once and then stops.

the gif will only run once when converted to avi or wmv. I would think the gif contains a script that will loop it under "gif" but this script does not not get "converted" when you create a avi or wmv. That is why you have to add the avi or wmv several time to get the looping effect.

the gif will only run once when converted to avi or wmv. I would think the gif contains a script that will loop it under "gif" but this script does not not get "converted" when you create a avi or wmv. That is why you have to add the avi or wmv several time to get the looping effect.

Thanks for clarifying that, Walt. The only gifs that I converted to .avi files, were gifs of different vehicles going to different places on a map. They only needed to play once, so that is why I never knew about "jumping" gifs only playing once. :(

Thanks for clarifying that, Walt. The only gifs that I converted to .avi files, were gifs of different vehicles going to different places on a map. They only needed to play once, so that is why I never knew about "jumping" gifs only playing once. :(

I am only guessing that is how motion gifs work. Maybe someone who knows more about this can enlighten us :rolleyes:

thanks again for writing back! Where is the 'overlay track'?

So, I convert the gif to avi, (does Roxio have any programs to do this-I have Easy CD Creator 10?), then I open VideoWave, click on Media Selector, click on my newly created avi, and drag it where?

Close... ;)

Open Videowave

Add whatever video you like to the main track

Then on ADD VIDEO/IMAGE again, choose the AVI created from teh GIF.

You should get a dialog box asking where to add the file. Overlay should be an option. Select that and click OK.

post-49-1217526379.jpg

I've made animated gifs in Fireworks and PSE, and, it's like you said, if I remember correctly, you can set it to Loop infinitely or a predetermined number of times.

You should be able to loop an Overlay in VW by right clicking on it and selecting trim, then checking the Loop checkbox at the bottom of the Trim window.

thanks again for writing back! Where is the 'overlay track'?

So, I convert the gif to avi, (does Roxio have any programs to do this-I have Easy CD Creator 10?), then I open VideoWave, click on Media Selector, click on my newly created avi, and drag it where?

Watch this. You may want to watch all of karri's videos.

Sorry Gary, we posted at the same time.

karri,

I clicked on my picture that has the wmv overlay. Then, I went to Timeline View, then clicked on Internal Tracks. Then I right clicked on the Overlay, but there is no Trim. Then I right clicked on the photo, and selected Trim but only the Adjust Duration box pops up.

How do I get to the Trim Window to find the Loop checkbox?

Thanks

I've made animated gifs in Fireworks and PSE, and, it's like you said, if I remember correctly, you can set it to Loop infinitely or a predetermined number of times.

You should be able to loop an Overlay in VW by right clicking on it and selecting trim, then checking the Loop checkbox at the bottom of the Trim window.

Actually, all you have to do is select the overlay and the Loop checkbox appears at the top of the Preview window as well as most of the other settings for an overlay

karri,

I clicked on my picture that has the wmv overlay. Then, I went to Timeline View, then clicked on Internal Tracks. Then I right clicked on the Overlay, but there is no Trim. Then I right clicked on the photo, and selected Trim but only the Adjust Duration box pops up.

How do I get to the Trim Window to find the Loop checkbox?

Thanks

I was working in Timeline View and right clicking on the Overlay in the Preview window. But Walt's suggestion to use the Loop icon above the Preview window should be easier for you, less confusing :)

I was working in Timeline View and right clicking on the Overlay in the Preview window. But Walt's suggestion to use the Loop icon above the Preview window should be easier for you, less confusing :)

Karri, I don't get any option to Trim the overlay when I right click the overlay in the Timeline view :glare:

Karri, I don't get any option to Trim the overlay when I right click the overlay in the Timeline view :glare:

This is an animated gif that I output as an avi from WMM and brought into VW as an overlay. If I right click on it in the Preview Window I can select Trim from the context menu. The screen capture is from 9 but it seems to work the same in 10 as well.

post-24553-1217636973.gif

Archived