• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

16-9 Imports Load As 4-3

hitchcock

Question

I have down loaded scenes from my Canon DC50 and Canon DC220 which have the same protocols as the DC20 which is in the supported devices list. When the scenes are called into Show media Selector they show as 4-3 (height dimension distorted). Despite starting the project as 16.9 when dragged into the Story line the show as 4-3 in a 16-9 back ground what is wrong anyone? help would be appreciated. PS scenes are in SP VR mode and PAL

16 answers to this question

It sounds like you have a cheap cut down OEM version… You will probably need to follow the Clean Install to eliminate that. Here

If you are going to be doing much video editing, dump the junk and buy the full retail package!

As far as video software, you won't find anything much "easier" out there! It is a very complex task so "easy" is relevant to the task. Kind of like 'Easy Rocket Science'...

What did Canon say when you asked them about the files? :D

This is not an OEM version it was bought at PC World Uk, I have already been to the site for the updates and have applied them I have to say I was supprised when the install programme seemed to uninstall everything and re-installed it and not apply patches. The rest of Video Wave seems to be adequate it's just this import problem thats the bug.

but they are in *.VRO format. It seem that the *.VRO to *MEPG routine is at fault.
Unfortunately, the VR mode isn't good for editing outside the camcorder. This format is not supported very well in any software. For future video, change the camcorder's settings. That way it records standard .VOB files to the miniDVD disc.

There are a few shareware that can convert VRO to VOB: Streamclip and TMPGenc. Have no idea how well or how easy they are to use, but you could give them a try.

It's no problem to change to video mode. I was just thinking of trying that. I did just change the file suffix to .MPG but the result was not correct although something played. I am just exploring to find the best method to use to create entertaining DvDs. Thanks.

Thanks for the info MyDVD for Canon came bundle with the Cameras. Ive loaded it and it does work but guess what it has a problem. When you fire it up first time it asks you to register if you don't it won't open no prob I registered it and I recieved the acknowledgement email. So far so good. when I opened it next time guess what it won't open unless you go through the register routine. I now have 12 registration acknowledgement emails. I register the problem with a rememdy ticket with Roxio and 3 days later NO REPLY. no wonder I'm disillusioned with Roxio. I worked with software for the last 25 years of my working life and all techies seem to be the same any problem is the fault of the user or the hardware not there inadequate programming. My job was to test software to make sure it was fit for purpose. The excuse that the bug is an undisclosed feature doesn't rub and work arounds only confuse users and cause even more problems. Techies are brilliant at creating software and and moving on to the next thing without debugging properly. If these people were my suppliers of industrial software I would be hanging them out to dry. Sorry for the rant but the software business is riddled with rubbish.

perhaps you have some program (anti-virus or anti-spyware etc) that prevent the reg value to be written correctly?

Here is a workaround that might help if you are on XP.

Canon DC 50 is bundled with Sonic MyDVD. I'm not sure if it is for you. But if yes, I suggest you to install and import/capture the miniDVD to MyDVD. Burn it to a Standard DVD. Once done, use Media Import in EMC 10 and that should work just fine. I have a DC50 and that is exactly what I do.

Thanks for the info MyDVD for Canon came bundle with the Cameras. Ive loaded it and it does work but guess what it has a problem. When you fire it up first time it asks you to register if you don't it won't open no prob I registered it and I recieved the acknowledgement email. So far so good. when I opened it next time guess what it won't open unless you go through the register routine. I now have 12 registration acknowledgement emails. I register the problem with a rememdy ticket with Roxio and 3 days later NO REPLY. no wonder I'm disillusioned with Roxio. I worked with software for the last 25 years of my working life and all techies seem to be the same any problem is the fault of the user or the hardware not there inadequate programming. My job was to test software to make sure it was fit for purpose. The excuse that the bug is an undisclosed feature doesn't rub and work arounds only confuse users and cause even more problems. Techies are brilliant at creating software and and moving on to the next thing without debugging properly. If these people were my suppliers of industrial software I would be hanging them out to dry. Sorry for the rant but the software business is riddled with rubbish.

Well I have cured all my problems with Roxio software I've un-installed the lot. To date I have not had a reply to one remedy ticket and only wooly coments on the other. I have loaded Adobe Premiere Elements 2 which loaded with no problems and I created an 8 minute DVD (including burn) in less than half a day having never seen the software before. It does exactly what it says on the tin. Goodbye Roxio and good ridance.

Thank you for this info I have downloaded the programme and will try fixing the file later. I have to say I am getting a frustrated with this Roxio software it seems very clunky. I have My DvD for Canon and that does not work properly every time you open it you have to register I have at least 12 registration acknowledgements by email so far and still the damned thing wants to register. I am new to this video editing creation, but having worked on main frames as an ERP system anylist I am not a software novice. With regard to the camcorder I can connect this to the PC and see and drag and drop the files in Explorer but they are in *.VRO format. It seem that the *.VRO to *MEPG routine is at fault. Do you or any one know of a reliable conversion programme or do I have to spend mega bucks on something reliable like Adobe Premiere. Thanks for the help so far.

Archived